Six of the largest Councils throughout Scotland now use the independent e-learning specialist, Trainer1, to train and support their in-house e-learning development staff. Trainer1 has also supplied these Councils with authoring tools – for use in developing their e-learning materials.
According to Trainer1’s managing director, Neil Lasher: “It began when a group of Councils, including Renfrewshire, Inverclyde and West Dunbartonshire, from the West of Scotland Health & Safety Forum, joined forces to purchase Trainer1’s e-learning toolkit training. One of the group’s aims was to develop some health & safety-related e-learning materials – and that meant that they needed some authoring tools and the expertise to use them.
“We supplied the authoring tools – Trivantis’ Lectora and our own toolkit - and trained their users. Fife Council, in East Scotland, also sent a representative to this training course and, enthused by the course, contacted Aberdeenshire Council and asked Trainer1 to offer the same training to both Councils’ e-learning developers.”
In addition to working with these five Councils, Trainer1 has been working with North Lanarkshire Council for some time – which gives Trainer1 a unique position of providing e-learning development advice, guidance and authoring tools to public sector authorities representing a large proportion of Scotland.
Notes for Editors:
About Trainer1 Ltd.:
Trainer1 is an independent e-learning specialist and creator of sophisticated courseware for learning, with a long experience in computer delivered learning. In particular, Trainer1 has developed, supplies and supports:
• Authoring tools - for the creation of content, meeting SCORM, AICC, LRN, XML, and QTI standards.
• Learning and Knowledge Management tools - for the management and distribution of content, including accreditation and reporting of data within existing databases.
• Delivery systems for workflow learning - CSL™.
• Tools and libraries to create multimedia content, including image editors, easy to use Flash production tools, libraries of sound, graphics and animation.
• Specialist training events to assist trainers become self sufficient in e-learning design and production.
• Development services in the creation and maintenance of learning content.
Trainer1’s client list includes major corporates such as ABN AMRO, Alliance & Leicester, Kraft Foods, Mitsubishi Corporation, Specsavers and Camelot, along with public sector clients including the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister, the Department for International Development, Kings College Hospital, the Royal Hospital for Neuro-Disability and many local authorities.
Trainer1 is privately owned and remains a small, friendly company providing high quality product combined with personal service to Blue Chip Companies, as well as small and medium sized enterprises. Trainer1 is a member of many e-learning organisations and works with standards bodies to ensure technology is meeting the needs of users worldwide, as well as the guidelines determined by the governing groups in the e-learning industry.