Mimosa Systems, the leader in next-generation email archiving, file archiving and SharePoint archiving solutions, today announced the addition of its 1,000th customer for Mimosa NearPoint™, resulting in a 43 percent growth rate in customers for the year. This milestone marks the conclusion of a record-breaking year for Mimosa, as organizations across multiple vertical industries – including state and local government, healthcare, financial, and energy adopt NearPoint for its unified approach to efficient email, file and SharePoint content archiving, eDiscovery legal hold, compliance readiness and storage optimization.
“In 2009, IT buyers only invested in solutions with tangible and discernible benefits,” said Brian Babineau, senior analyst with Enterprise Strategy Group. “Mimosa's expansion proves that organizations find tremendous value in archiving content for electronic discovery, compliance, and IT efficiency reasons. It also demonstrates that customers are able to achieve these goals with Mimosa's comprehensive portfolio and unique underlying technology architecture.”
Mimosa (mimosasystems.com) has rapidly emerged as the industry leader in next-generation content archiving solutions. With mounting volumes of email data and information growth, Mimosa addresses the key areas of eDiscovery, regulatory compliance and storage cost optimization with a comprehensive archiving platform that leap-frogs traditional offerings. Mimosa has matched its product innovation with exceptional company sales execution on a global scale that leverages a large channel ecosystem as a strategic extension to the company’s sales model.
Key milestones and industry recognition for Mimosa and Mimosa NearPoint announced during 2009:
• Named Michael Sheridan, former CFO of Facebook, as Mimosa’s Chief Financial Officer;
• Raised $10 million in new financing in the second half of 2009, demonstrating strong support from its base of investors as it enters 2010;
• Released the fourth major version of Mimosa NearPoint with new delegated case management and tagging capabilities to expedite eDiscovery and lower costs across email, file and SharePoint content;
• Delivered new, industry-leading capture technologies for Microsoft Exchange including support for Volume Shadow-copy Service (VSS) and SMTP – an ideal approach to capture from cloud-based mailboxes such as those offered by Microsoft and Google;
• Added support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 and announced plans to leverage new Exchange Web Service API for eDiscovery search, and retention policy tags for content moving into the archive for long-term retention and disposition;
• Delivered Mimosa NearPoint Microsoft Office SharePoint Server for archiving, recovery, and eDiscovery workflow across all types of SharePoint content including document libraries, lists, blogs, site and site collections;
• Increased growth in the Dell channel across the federal, healthcare and retail verticals;
• Developed innovative partner integrations that decrease the cost of storage including NetApp Snap Manager for Exchange, EMC Data Domain for advanced block-level deduplication for archived content;
• Recruited more than 25 ISV development partners as part of the Mimosa Developer Network to leverage the open NearPoint Software Development Kit to accelerate migrations away from first-generation archive products, and build connectors to records management and eDiscovery applications;
• Named 2009 Community Choice award winner by SQL Server Magazine;
• Recognized by InfoWorld as a key archiving solution for recovery, long-term retention, and eDiscovery for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server;
• Selected as one of the Best Channel Products and as a Best Channel Vendor of 2009 by Business Solutions Magazine;
• Positioned in the “Visionaries Quadrant” of Gartner’s 2009 Magic Quadrant for Email Active Archiving, and received a “Positive” rating in Gartner’s 2009 E-Discovery MarketScope;
• Recognized as a TiE50 Award Winner for its leadership in innovation, ingenuity and management excellence;
• Info Security Products Guide named Mimosa Systems Winner of the Tomorrow's Technology Today Award for Email Content Management;
• Mimosa NearPoint received top marks in Redmond Magazine MVP product review;
• Named finalist in the SearchStorage.com and Storage Magazine Storage Products of the Year Awards.
Partners and Customers Speak Out on the Value of Mimosa NearPoint Integrated Archive
“Our customers are increasingly challenged with efficiently storing, protecting, and managing the ongoing business risks stemming from the tremendous quantity of email and file information created by today’s information workers,” said Patrick Rogers, vice president of Solutions Marketing for NetApp. “Together, NetApp and Mimosa have partnered to develop an integrated solution that helps our customers address these issues when archiving their vital information. Our joint solution enables IT managers to capture and retain all email, calendar, and file information, protect that information, recover it quickly, and store the information efficiently and cost-effectively while meeting or improving business service levels for information access, search, and eDiscovery.”
Customers throughout multiple market segments continue to praise Mimosa NearPoint for the value and efficiency it brings to their organizations. With rapid growth in state and local government, healthcare, retail, manufacturing, financial and energy, companies have quickly realized significant benefits from deploying Mimosa’s integrated content archiving solutions.
In July 2009, North Carolina State Governor Beverly Purdue signed an executive order directing ITS to obtain an email archive system “as soon as practicable” for its 41,000 email users. The state required an email archive and eDiscovery solution to quickly respond to litigation-related matters, investigations and comply with public records requests. “Preserving state emails as a public record is vital to a transparent and accountable government,” said Beverly Purdue North Carolina State Governor. “Ultimately, a more transparent government will bring about a better government.”
The Department of Technology and Information for the State of Delaware archives more than 18,000 email users in all offices and government agencies of the state. “As part of our self mandated state litigation retention policy, we are currently saving all emails for a one-year period,” said Douglas Lilly, lead telecom technologist, Department of Technology and Information for the State of Delaware. “While we had a backup solution already, it wasn't robust enough for our eDiscovery search and recovery needs. We needed a more proactive approach that could capture everything including calendar items, messages, tasks and item histories. After looking at all the large players, we selected Mimosa because it was the only unified solution for eDiscovery, storage optimization and disaster recovery.”
South Jersey Healthcare (SJH), a nonprofit, integrated healthcare system, with two regional hospitals, numerous community health centers, and a range of home health and specialty services, implemented Mimosa NearPoint as part of the organization’s comprehensive archiving strategy to comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations. “Before we implemented Mimosa NearPoint we faced very slow email mailbox restore times,” said Andrew Gahm, systems and security engineer, SJH. “MAPI backup processes were slowing us down and we had no features to perform needed searching, PST archiving, or eDiscovery. Additionally, NearPoint cuts out many of the time consuming steps required for email recovery so we can perform operational recoveries much more quickly.”