"WTG did a stellar job hosting the Biomanufacturing event. We had a great response to our company at our one to one meetings. We look forward to staying in contact with who we have met and are confident our products and services will be utilized by the companies we met! We will be back in 2010!" - Haddad Wylie Industries
Biopharmaceuticals have long been positioned as the future of the pharmaceutical industry and with projections of 60% of pharmaceutical sales coming from biologics by 2020 this presents numerous opportunities and challenges for the industry.
The 2010 Biomanufacturing Summit will uncover tomorrow’s strategies to help streamline processes, enhance capacity, reduce costs and break through the downstream bottleneck. This year’s event features in depth case studies and interactive sessions from world-class biopharmaceutical manufacturers designed to help you drive forward innovation and increase process efficiency.
The following presentations will take place from industry leading experts at the summit:
Joerg Heidrich, Senior Vice President & Global Head, Product Supply-Biotech, Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals,
Creating a sustainable Operational Excellence (OE) culture in Biomanufacturing organizations.
Paul Marshall, Senior Vice President, Operations, Amylin Pharmaceuticals,
Commitment to total improvement: Operational excellence and beyond.
Dr. Wolfgang Noe, Vice President, Strategic Development and Technical Alliance, Biogen Idec,
Paradigm changes over the years: Technology drivers and a future perspective for Biotech manufacturing.
Ran Zheng, Executive Director, Plant Manager, Amgen Inc,
Biomanufacturing in a changing world.
Dr. Fadel Hamed, Associate Director, Operational Excellence, Genentech,
Optimizing and mitigating risk within manufacturing design and operations by creating a culture of operational excellence.
Amit Banerjee, Research Fellow, Global Biologics Worldwide, Pfizer,
Illustrating key principles of QbD: Strategies for success for QbD and challenges associate with it.
About Biomanufacturing Summit 2010
• Taking place over two days from 26 - 27th January at the Hyatt Regency La Jolla, San Diego, California (biomansummit.com).
• Over 150 end user delegates are expected to attend this two day conference with lead sponsorship from organizations including Natrix, Aegis, Biorad. Catalent, Roche, Millipore, Pharmadule, Research Organics, Sartorius and Therapure.
• Meet with other attendees or take pre-arranged meetings with a select group of leading vendors.
• Laura Bush, Editor in Chief, Biopharm International will be chairing this two day event.
• Premier media partners supporting the event are Bioresearch Online and Life Science Leader.
About World Trade Group
WTG (wtgevents.com) is a leading global integrated media company. Founded in 1997, now employs around 150 people in our offices in London and Toronto. In our sectors of energy, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, manufacturing and supply chain and HR, we organize and run some of the world's leading annual business events. Our main focus is to bring buyers and sellers together through our powerful suite of products.
• Live events – our summits introduce buyers to sellers through a unique one to one meeting model, developed and refined since 1998.
• Webinars – facilitate learning and generate valuable leads for sponsors, either live or through our on demand broadcasts.
• Online events On-Demand - easy to navigate, password protected web based interface, allowing post event access to summit presentations.
• Online communities – powerful, rapidly growing online networking resources for manufacturing and HR professionals.