NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Kolkata, West Bengal, India, 2009/12/18 - Dataresolve has recently released a SaaS based version of its end point security product, uHook Enterprise V 2.0 in order help its customers implement a convenient, strong and low cost end point security product.
With the success of the first version of uHook Enterprise, Dataresolve has recently released a SaaS based version of the product. What this means is that, now you don't have to maintain a dedicated server for handling device policies or for storing reports, you can scale up the installations on demand, this gives you an advantage of controlling multiple offices of a company located at different physical locations of the globe from one single Admin console and this model offers you a cost reduction of 30% in deploying an end point security solution in your office.
“Launching a SaaS based End Point Security product was really important for us. Although we have been able to support home and small business users with our previous products, we wanted the enterprise community to get advantage of our technology at a much convenient and cost effective option ”, says Dipanjan Biswas, Marketing Head, Dataresolve Technologies.
Trial signups for protection of up to 5 PCs are already available on the company's website, which can be scaled up to a global distributed network machines for regular business use.
uHook Enterprise End point security
This model allows a company to reduce capital expenditures, scales up or add new networks under end point security protection on demand, and frees up the IT team from getting involved into huge amount of efforts required to maintain the server. The most compelling aspects of SaaS is its lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). According to McKinsey & Company, companies realize a 30% lower TCO when using a SaaS-based solution instead of an on premise solution.
About the Product
uHook enterprise is a state of art DLP product for computer networks having enterprise data distributed in a WAN (Wide Area Network). uHook uses its ACTIVE EPS (End Point Security) technology, which was used in the first personal version of the award winning product, uHook Personal.
What is Active EPS?
ACTIVE EPS is the name give to the core DLP engine in the agents which helps uhook detect and block any kind of malicious device which can be used to steal data. Besides, having its unique detection mechanism uHook Enterprise agents uses very low memory footprint, supports almost all windows versions including Vista and Windows 7 and interestingly communicates with the server without opening any port on your system making it less vulnerable unlike other desktop based application which communicates in the network. The product is based on both SaaS and non SaaS versions, which offer you limitless possibilities like controlling multiple office from one single admin console accessible from anywhere in the world, having unlimited capacity of storing your reports as long as you want and allowing you to scale up the control to over 2000 PCs with one single server license of uHook Enterprise.
Business Benefits with uHook Enterprise V 2.0:
1. Control and monitor device access activities at different location of the globe sitting in one place;
2. Protect your data and prevent malicious users with strong ACTIVE EPS technology;
3. Scale up to thousands of machines within a very short time;
4. No complex deployments and server installations are required;
5. Unlimited storage of reports and policies;
6. Regular updates of server and agents.
1. Easy to use device control over network;
2. No port is opened on the agent thereby reducing the risk of other vulnerabilities;
3. Password protected uninstall of the agents;
4. Fast workflow of device control and policy implementation;
5. Both SaaS based as well Dedicated Server support;
6. SSL secured access of admin console;
7. 128 bit encryption is used for client server communication;
8. ACTIVE EPS technology ensures identification of a device uniquely out of millions of devices;
9. Unlimited backup & storage of reports and policies;
10. Regular updates of agents and servers;
11. Flexible reporting;
12. Email alerts and warnings of malicious activities on the end points.
The product was released for Indian market at NASSCOM Product Conclave held in Bangalore, 27- 28th, October, 09. The company with its proprietary technology on data protection is supposed to be the first Indian company in this space which has been able to draw great attention from international community with the first product, uHook Personal having a user base of more than 20,000 worldwide. The product was also graded as one of the best security products of 2009, by PC QUEST Magazine.