The four-day training, available to owners and managers of collision repair centers using PPG Automotive Refinish products, teaches practical application of Lean Six Sigma principles to improve quality, speed, cost performance and competitiveness for vehicle repair facilities.
In 2010, training will be available as follows:
• Jan. 11-14, Halifax, Nova Scotia.
• Feb. 1-4, Phoenix.
• March 15-18, Nashville, Tenn.
• April 5-8, Eagan, Minn.
• May 3-6, Rochester, N.Y.
• June 7-10, Toronto.
More than 730 students have attended MVP Green Belt Training since its introduction in 2006. So far, 239 individuals have gone through the classes in 2009. Nearly 10,000 students have participated in MVP programs in total.
“It’s not surprising that demand for Green Belt Training has grown significantly,” said Jim Berkey, director, MVP Business Solutions. “With all the challenges our industry is facing – economic, environmental, technological – as well as intense competition, shop owners want practical tools and support that can genuinely help them improve quality, speed and cost. That’s exactly what we provide.”
MVP’s Green Belt Training includes:
• Success factors that enable organizations to thrive in rapidly changing environments.
• Simulation games to learn Lean Six Sigma fundamentals and what cycle time reduction means to the collision repair processes.
• Practical application of Lean Six Sigma principles through X-Ray Repair Planning™ and fundamentals such as 5S and Workplace Organization.
• Leadership and implementation modules that address the need for everyone in an organization to participate in building stronger processes and a process-improvement culture.
• Shop tours and assignments to reinforce the understanding and confidence critical to successful implementation.
“MVP Green Belt Training is always evolving,” said Rich Altieri, senior manager, MVP Business Solutions. “This program was developed by a team of Master Black Belt Lean Six Sigma experts and MVP collision center consultants. Our ongoing commitment is to ensure we are constantly setting the training quality bar higher and doing everything possible to help our customers continually improve their businesses and process performance. Program innovation is what the MVP Business Solutions group is all about.”
PPG MVP Green Belt Training requires advance registration. Class size is limited to ensure maximized individual attention. For more information or to register for an upcoming session, contact a PPG territory manager or a PPG distributor, visit ppgmvp.com, call MVP Business Solutions at 866-237-8178, or send email to MVPmailbox[.]ppg.com, Jim Berkey at jberkey[.]ppg.com or Rich Altieri at altieri[.]ppg.com.
When introduced more than a decade ago, MVP Business Solutions was the first program of its kind in the collision repair industry. Since then, thousands of collision center owners and managers have taken advantage of MVPs innovative services to improve the way they run their businesses. Green Belt Training is part of the MVP program.
Pittsburgh-based PPG (ppg.com) is a global supplier of paints, coatings, optical products, specialty materials, chemicals, glass and fiber glass. The company has more than 140 manufacturing facilities and equity affiliates and operates in more than 60 countries. Sales in 2008 were $15.8 billion. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: PPG).