NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Dublin, Ireland, 2009/11/27 - The new SMART Slate WS200 wireless slate enables teachers and students to interact with digital lessons projected on a screen, interactive whiteboard, interactive display or interactive pen display from anywhere in the classroom.
SMART Slate enables teachers and students to interact with digital lessons projected on a screen, interactive whiteboard, interactive display or interactive pen display from anywhere in the classroom. SMART Slate was developed with extensive user feedback, resulting in the addition of several features, such as improved ergonomics, convenient charging via the USB cable and support for 10 languages, including Simplified Chinese, Castilian Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese. The WS200 replaces the WS100 (formerly AirLiner WS100 wireless slate) and begins shipping to North American customers on November 23, 2009, and globally on December 23.
Each point on the SMART Slate’s 6.8" x 4.26" (17.3 cm x 10.8 cm) active pen area corresponds to a point on a connected computer display. Wireless Bluetooth® enables teachers and students to control on-screen learning applications, write and draw in digital ink, or open and view files on the connected computer or SMART Board interactive whiteboard from anywhere in the room. Ergonomic improvements have made the SMART Slate smaller, lighter and easier to hold. The addition of a third programmable button enables customisation and the eraser function on the battery-free, tethered pen makes annotating with digital ink even more intuitive than it was on the WS100. The SMART Slate integrates seamlessly with a broad range of SMART products, including the SMART Podium interactive pen display and SMART Board interactive whiteboard, but can also be used with just a computer and projector.
“In today’s differentiated classrooms, both teachers and students appreciate the flexibility of movement provided by the SMART Slate,” says Nancy Knowlton, SMART’s CEO. “It gives all users the option to interact with digital content on a SMART Board interactive whiteboard or other display from anywhere in the room.”
• Wireless technology – Bluetooth 2.1 provides a reliable, wireless connection with a range of 30 feet (9.1 meters) and low power draw;
• Accurate and precise writing – The battery-free, tethered pen provides smooth and precise writing, enabling rapid and accurate remote interaction with projected content;
• Ergonomic and portable – Weighs 612g and features improved ergonomic style for comfortable grip and portability;
• Slim profile – 10.5" x 8.5" x 1" (26.6 cm x 21.6 cm x 2.6 cm) with a 6.8" x 4.26" (17.3 cm x 10.8 cm) active pen area;
• Programmable buttons – Three programmable buttons can be customized with user-determined shortcuts to enhance ease of use;
• Page 2 New SMART Slate features enhance portability and ease of use;
• Multiple language support – Supports 10 languages, including English (US and UK), Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, French, German, Mexican Spanish, Russian, Arabic and Castilian (European) Spanish Convenient charging – Charges over a USB cable in 6.5 hours to provide at least 24 hours of continuous use;
• Improved battery – Physical power switch reduces discharge over prolonged periods of nonuse;
• Kensington security lock – Provides a simple way to attach a lock-and-cable apparatus;
• SMART product integration – Fully compatible with SMART products, including SMART Notebook software; ships with product driver software that ensures compatibility with customers’ existing.
Pricing and availability
The SMART Slate will be available in North America on November 23 and globally on December 23, 2009. The suggested education list price for the SMART Slate wireless slate is SRP (suggested retail price) €307 (excluding VAT). The suggested list price in all other regions incorporates applicable taxes, duties and import costs. Information on suggested list price or special pricing for educators, where applicable, is available from local authorised SMART resellers. For purchasing information, specifications call 08450 758758.