The Supplier Excellence Alliance Aerospace & Defense Industry Supply Chain Award finalists and winners were announced at the 3rd Annual Awards Gala on November 11, 2009 at the Hyatt Grand Champions Resort and Villas in Indian Wells, California.
SEA is an unprecedented aerospace and defense alliance led by sub-tier suppliers committed to accelerating supply chain performance. SEA provides a proven turnkey system for supplier development targeted to mid-tier aerospace and defense customers and provides an industry voice for suppliers on issues affecting supply chain performance. SEA also provides a platform for supplier visibility, performance improvement and collaboration.
The 3rd Annual Aerospace & Defense Industry Supply Chain Awards recognized the performance and leadership contributions of small- to midsized supplier companies. Awards were announced at a black-tie gala attended by award finalists and hundreds of supplier and prime tier-one company executives. Looking very much like an Academy Awards ceremony, award presentations followed a reception and gala dinner and executives from both supplier companies and prime and tier-one contractors served as presenters for seven award categories.
Award winners by category are:
• In the Stephen E. Barton Leadership & Culture Award category, the award went to Hixson Metal Finishing, Inc., Newport Beach, California.
• In the Workforce Development Award category, the award went to Geater Machining & Manufacturing Company, Independence, Iowa.
• In the Operational Excellence Award category, the award went to Tara Technologies Corporation, Daytona, Florida.
• In the Supply Chain Innovation Award category, the award went to SMS Technologies, Inc., San Diego, California.
• In the Performance Award: Most Improved Supplier category, the award went to MD Engineering, Corona, California.
• In the Customer of the Year Award category, the award went to Parker Hannifin, Corporation, Parker Aerospace, Cleveland, Ohio.
The prestigious Richard Hall Award for Leadership Excellence went to Dee Vaidya, President and CEO, TechniGraphics, Inc., in Wooster, Ohio.
SEA Educational Partners include Glovia, Ellison Technologies, Mori Seiki, The Rule Group and America Approved. SEA partners and alliances include The Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME), The National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA), The International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG), The Society of British Aerospace Companies (SBAC) and The California Space Authority.
SEA is non-profit 501c6 funded by supplier memberships and sponsorships. To learn more, visit the SEA website at seaonline.org/.