Octagon Research Solutions, Inc. today announced that two of its Clinical Data Strategists, Dan Crawford, director, Clinical Data Strategies and Dawn Kaminski, product manager, EDC have been invited to co-author an online course for the Society for Clinical Data Management (SCDM) under the SCDM University program.
The four-week, online course entitled, “Metrics and Identifying Data Trends” will address general principals, best practices and issues to consider for establishing metrics for Case Report Form (CRF) workflows and processes. Compliance and the use of standards for tracking data trends will also be detailed.
The course is designed for anyone managing EDC or paper clinical trials and assumes a basic understanding of clinical research and an appreciation of the importance of collecting and interpreting metrics throughout the process.
• The course description and registration information is currently available through the SDCM website’s Education Portal portal.scdm.org/.
• Mr. Crawford and Ms. Kaminski are active contributors to SCDM educational programs including co-authoring a chapter for the SCDM release of its "Good Clinical Data Management Practices (GCDMP)" guide, a four-week online course ‘CRF Design for Data Managers’, as well as presenting at an SCDM hosted webinar entitled ‘EDC Today and Tomorrow.’
• Dan Crawford, director, Clinical Data Strategies at Octagon, noted, “Tracking and managing metrics around CRF processes is becoming increasingly important to competitive organizations. There is significant value in learning how to manage this information and how to interpret and act on it to improve the flow of information throughout the organization (and its partners).”
• Kirk Gallion, president, Octagon Research Solutions, Inc., added, “Mr. Crawford and Ms. Kaminski have the practical knowledge to not only create this course but also to provide substantial lessons learned from their wealth of experience. This level of expertise is rare and provides a great value to industry colleagues who are involved in the management and tracking of clinical study data.”
• Octagon Pressroom
• Octagon’s Social Media Center
About Octagon Research Solutions, Inc.
Octagon (octagonresearch.com) is a pioneer and leading provider of breakthrough software and services to the life sciences industry. Octagon’s eCTD, CDISC and EDC solutions provide the people, process and technology required to optimize drug development from data collection to submission. Our regulatory, clinical, process and software offerings provide a unique combination of deep domain knowledge, cross-functional electronic submission expertise, a holistic process approach, and integrated solutions. Octagon is headquartered in Wayne, PA, with European headquarters in Harrow, UK. Octagon’s EDC Operations are located in Mountain View, CA.