(Newswire Today) Carlsbad, CA, United States, 2009-11-05
- Gig board launched to help people needing side work. After creating a profile, people looking for gigs subscribe to specific categories, and receive real-time text and Email alerts when gigs become available.
A new website has been launched to provide opportunities for the average American to make extra money, and for businesses who are feeling the effects of the economy. The website, GigAlert.com, provides free business leads to service businesses, and extraordinarily low rates to all businesses looking for full and part-time employees.
"This is a business born directly from the economic crisis we are facing. The 'underemployed' need side work, entrepreneurs need business leads and businesses are finding it hard to spend $300-$500 on one personnel ad placement," said Doug Macklem, founder and CEO of GigAlert.com. "Our website is user-friendly, has technological conveniences, and protects privacy."
• Email and phone text alerts for those who desire immediate notifications.
• job ads will be included in the Indeed.com job search results. With millions of job seekers and hundreds of millions of job searches per month, Indeed is the leading search engine for jobs.
• has over 450 categories for "gigs", part and full-time jobs combined. Gigs are one-time jobs - - a handyman or a landscaping project for example. Companies seeking part or full-time employees would be listed under the job category.
• allows a business or an individual to create a free profile to apply for gigs.
• charges only $29 for a business to post a job ad for 30 days, while typical pricing for other outlets range from $99 for 7 days to $300 to $500 for 30 days.
"This is a personal story for us," said Macklem. “In changing career paths I was looking for new business leads, or even side work, to help supplement my income. After searching for a job board that met my needs I came up empty, so I decided to solve the problem by creating a website to help people looking for work, find work, and to help businesses find new customers."