PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC), The Product Development Company®, today announced the launch of CoCreate® 16.5, the latest release of its market-leading explicit modeling software. CoCreate 16.5 is integrated with a wide range of key solutions comprising the PTC® Product Development System (PDS). With this release, PTC further expands value for customers by allowing CoCreate users to benefit from the industry's broadest and best product development system.
With CoCreate 16.5, CoCreate customers can now derive even greater value from their models and drawings through enterprise viewing and visualization, automated technical illustration creation, powerful tools for engineering calculations, advanced simulation capabilities, enterprise PLM, and more effective collaboration with teams using Pro/ENGINEER®. The CoCreate family of products is integrated with ProductView™, Arbortext® IsoDraw®, Mathcad® and Pro/ENGINEER®. Companies using CoCreate DraftingTM can use the new Windchill® Workgroup Manager for CoCreate Drafting for all the benefits of enterprise PLM in a 2D environment. PTC is also introducing CoCreate Advanced Mechanica® for simulation experts.
Value for CoCreate 16.5 users includes:
• Enterprise Viewing - ProductView allows anyone in the enterprise to leverage the value of CoCreate models through viewing, visualization, markup and interaction with CoCreate data.
• Technical Illustrations - Arbortext IsoDraw helps companies automate the process of creating and updating high-quality technical illustrations and animations directly from their CoCreate models.
• Engineering Calculations - Mathcad helps companies easily create and document engineering-critical values for their CoCreate models, and capture the intellectual property surrounding engineering calculations.
• Production Machining - Users can leverage Pro/ENGINEER NC and Tooling Solutions to create simple to complex machining tool path programs from CoCreate part data. Changes made to the CAD model can be made associatively and propagated to downstream NC deliverables.
• Effective Interoperability with Pro/ENGINEER - Extended teams benefit from seamless collaboration by publishing their models from CoCreate Modeling 16.5 to Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0 or later.
• Enterprise PLM for CoCreate Drafting - The Windchill Workgroup Manager for CoCreate Drafting enables companies to optimize product development processes including gaining greater control over their CoCreate drawings.
• New Solution for Advanced Simulation: CoCreate Advanced Mechanica helps companies by providing extended simulation capabilities for very complex, real-life scenarios and simulation requirements and significantly improves verification and validation processes well beyond the capabilities of CoCreate FE Analysis.
"Our innovative new product is first-to-market, but that market is comprised of many different hospitals and facilities-each having a specific set of requirements," said Joe Livengood, CEO of Livengood, makers of mobile healthcare devices. "With CoCreate 16.5 working with PTC's best-in-class product development system, companies like ours will more easily meet those individual customer requirements and get better products to market faster. This newest release underscores PTC's commitment to providing true value to its customers. We think it's sensational that CoCreate is now so tightly integrated into the PTC PDS."
"PTC is committed to further developing and enhancing the explicit modeling approach," said Brian Shepherd, executive vice president, product development, PTC. "We have extended value to customers by tightly integrating CoCreate solutions into the PTC Product Development System. Use of the broadened PTC portfolio helps companies better achieve their goals to design and deliver the best products faster. PTC is already working on the next CoCreate release, planned for Spring, 2010.* CoCreate 17.0 will offer innovative new features, supporting PTC's technology leadership position and further distancing other explicit modeling contenders."
For more information on CoCreate 16.5, please visit the CoCreate product pages on: ptc.com/.
*The timing of any product release, including any features or functionality, is subject to change at PTC's discretion.
PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC) provides discrete manufacturers with software and services to meet the globalization, time-to-market and operational efficiency objectives of product development. Using the company's CAD and content and process management solutions, organizations in the Industrial, High-Tech, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Consumer and Medical industries are able to support key business objectives and create innovative products that meet customer needs and comply with industry regulations. For more information on PTC, please visit ptc.com/.
Except for the historical information contained herein, matters discussed in this news release may constitute forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected.
These risks and uncertainties include: the successful development and integration of the technology necessary to offer an integrated and flexible product development system that is able to adequately respond to the evolving requirements of customers with multiple design and data management requirements; PTC’s ability to offer multiple design and data management solutions while providing adequate levels of support, the ability of PTC to successfully partner and effectively coordinate and manage joint activities (including sales, marketing, implementation and support) with third parties in order to efficiently and cost effectively deliver products and services that meet customer requirements, the success of PTC’s customer satisfaction initiatives in providing the foundation for long-term relationships and repeat business; and our ability to effectively utilize our resources to undertake strategic corporate development initiatives while maintaining our ability to support multiple PLM product suites; as well as other risks and uncertainties detailed from time to time in reports filed by PTC with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the Company's most recent reports on Form 10-K and 10-Q. The announcement of any launch of PTC products is not necessarily indicative of the timing of recognition of revenue there from or the level of revenue for any particular period. The timing of any product release, including any features or functionality, is subject to change at PTC’s discretion.
PTC and its logo, The Product Development Company, Pro/ENGINEER, Windchill, Arbortext, Mathcad, Mathcad Prime, Mathcad Prim?, CoCreate, CoCreate Modeling, CoCreate Model Manager, ProductView, IsoDraw, IsoView, Mechanica and all PTC product names and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Parametric Technology Corporation and/or its subsidiaries in the United States and in other countries.