NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, 2009/10/16 - New Flyer Industries, Inc. (TSX: NFI.UN) (“New Flyer” or the “Company”), the leading manufacturer of heavy-duty transit buses in Canada and the United States, has announced the following appointments to its Executive Leadership Team (ELT). TSX: NFI.DB.U
Janice Harper has been promoted to the newly-created role of Vice President, Human Resources.
• Janice will provide leadership for New Flyer’s people functions including the development and implementation of human resource strategy and programs to support employee safety, engagement and organizational success. Janice has been with New Flyer since 1998 and has been instrumental in developing and implementing our People policies and plans.
• Prior to joining New Flyer, Janice spent ten years in recruitment/selection, disability management and industrial relations. Janice is a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP), holds a certificate in Human Resource Management from the University of Winnipeg, a Creative Communication Diploma from Red River College and is currently completing her BA in Communications.
• Janice will continue to report directly to Paul Soubry, President and CEO.
Margaret Lewis has joined New Flyer as Vice President Quality and Continuous Improvement.
• Margaret will be responsible for all quality initiatives and programs at New Flyer. Margaret will focus her initial efforts on the improvement of product quality in support of our Operational Excellence initiatives.
• Margaret joins our company with more than twenty years of management experience within the automotive industry, having held executive plant management and quality positions. Margaret holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration from Michigan State University and a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Akron.
• Margaret will reporting directly to Wayne Joseph, Executive Vice President, Operations will be based out of the St. Cloud, MN facility.
About New Flyer
New Flyer (newflyer.com) is the leading manufacturer of heavy-duty transit buses in the United States and Canada. The Company’s three facilities -- in Winnipeg, MB, St. Cloud, MN and Crookston, MN - are all ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certified. With a skilled workforce of over 2,000 employees, New Flyer is a technology leader, offering the broadest product line in the industry, including drive systems powered by clean diesel, LNG, CNG and electric trolley as well as energy-efficient gasoline-electric and diesel-electric hybrid vehicles. All products are supported with an industry-leading, comprehensive parts and service network. The Company’s income deposit securities are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol NFI.UN.