NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Kannapolis, NC, United States, 2009/10/02 - Wayne Brothers, Inc. becomes an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer in order to compete in government construction projects.
On February 13, 2009, Congress passed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. The Recovery Act’s main objectives were to create and save jobs, spur economic activity and invest in long-term economic growth and foster accountability and transparency in government spending.
The $787 billion plan includes over $100 billion for Infrastructure improvements of roads, bridges, sewers, railways and other transportation.
As a result of this potential growth market, Wayne Brothers has begun supplementing its private work with select bids and jobs in the public arena. Wayne Brothers has been successful in landing some work in this very competitive market segment. As a result, Wayne Brothers now falls under Federal Affirmative Action employment law guidelines which require added measures to insure that all individuals have an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
You are an Affirmative Action employer if you have:
• Federal contracts or subcontracts worth $10,000 or more;
• OR 50 or more employees and contracts worth $50,000 or more;
• OR are a construction contractor or subcontractor with a federal or federally assisted contract valued at more than $10,000.
As an Affirmative Action employer, Wayne Brothers Inc. is now subject to Federal laws which require a written Affirmative Action Plan in accordance with the Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance ( OFCCP ). Affirmative Action employers are subject to compliance checks at workplaces and corporate offices.
The written plan must include 16 specific affirmative action steps. Some of the requirements include:
• Written notification to open and close jobs with area employment agencies;
• Documentation of every applicant for job openings and tracking of disposition of the application;
• Potential job seekers can only “apply” for posted jobs;
• On the job Training for all employees;
• Publication of Policies in all newsletters and external reports such as annual reports;
• Document all solicitations of offers for subcontracts from minority and female construction contractors and suppliers;
• Purchase orders, contracts and subcontracts need EEO/AAP wording;
• Notification to OFCCP within 10 days of federal job awards;
• 2 year record keeping of all employment documents;
• Annual reports.
Wayne Brothers has begun the process of documenting its compliance with the Affirmative Action plan regulations. Wayne Brothers is currently working on identifying the need to adjust business processes as necessary to ensure its business objectives are preserved while meeting the requirements of the federal government.
Wayne Brothers (waynebros.com) has become the southeast region’s premier concrete and site development contractor by “Safely Exceeding Expectations” for 24 years. Unique to the construction industry, Wayne Brothers offers turnkey infrastructure, and concrete construction, as well as combination packages. Wayne Brothers’ construction process starts by correctly defining a project’s scope and carefully coordinating every cost decision, thus presenting value engineering options to the client. Wayne Brothers works closely with clients to set both realistic and obtainable goals and then implements an action plan to achieve them. Wayne Brothers is proudly dedicated to thoroughly fulfilling expectations.