Jenna Anians, New Business Development Manager of leading furniture website, mydeco.com, scooped a double win at the Retail Week Rising Star Awards. The young retail guru picked up the gong for ‘Online individual of the Year’, as well as going on to win the overall ‘Rising Star Award’ at the glamorous event at the Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane, London, beating established retailers like B&Q and Sainsbury’s to the top spot.
The awards, organised by Retail Week, celebrates emerging talent across the industry and recognises those who make a real difference to their company's performance. The judges were impressed with Jenna’s entrepreneurial passion and her keen interest in online, saying “she showed exceptional entrepreneurial talent that is not only proving invaluable in her current role, but that will drive her on to become one of the retail names to watch in the future.”
Responsible for establishing and maintaining retail partnerships at mydeco, Jenna joined six months before launch and has been instrumental in driving the retail side of the business to the strong market position it is in today.
Jenna said, “mydeco.com is the UKs leading portal for the home sector and we constantly strive to break new ground in improving and enhancing the online shopping experience. Within my role at mydeco, I am given the freedom to explore new ideas, and grow fantastic relationships with retailers across the whole home sector. To receive two awards in one evening ahead of bricks and mortar retail giants like B&Q, Sainsbury’s and Figleaves, is a real honour and makes all of the hard work and late nights feel worth it. In such a tough economic climate, new and exciting multi channel approaches to retail are vital, and keep life interesting for all involved!”
David Kelly, mydeco CEO, said, “The whole mydeco team is incredibly proud of Jenna and her achievements on behalf of our retail partners and customers. It is rare to have someone so young and yet so comfortable in such fast moving commercial space.”
mydeco.com is the UK’s first and leading furniture aggregation website. It brings the best web 2.0 interactive capabilities, leading functionality and inspiring content together into one free and easy-to-use package, making it the definitive online location for anyone thinking about the home. Collecting together 3 million products from over 1,500 home wares retailers, the site also boasts a stylish magazine packed with advice, an innovative suit of 3D room planning tools and a thriving, 70,000-strong community.
mydeco was founded by the management team behind lastminute.com, one of Europe’s most successful ever online businesses. mydeco.com brings together more than 3 million home ware products from over 1500 retailers. From high-end to high street, mass market to niche, you will find what you are looking for on mydeco without having to trawling the high street.
Key website features include:
• Shopping: search the UK’s most comprehensive database of home products by price, discount, colour or dimension.
• Design my room: build a virtual model of your home and choose from over 65,000 3D pieces of furniture to drag and drop into your room to check.
• Community: share creative ideas, tips and tricks with 70,000 members, ask questions and showcase designs.
• The magazine: get the latest news from the interiors world, read features and trend watching advice.
• Buy the look: view hundreds of inspiring looks from well-known designers, celebrities and even famous hotels. Tailor the look to your budget and define your own personal style.
• Shop by style: from romantic to urban, find hundreds of stylish products in categorised by a range of styles.