The mission of Vork is to provide an MVC architecture and full-featured toolkit in a gimmick-free no-frills approach without adding overhead, creating slow abstraction layers or re-inventing native PHP functionality.
Vork fills the need for a full-featured enterprise-grade MVC framework that has instant-response performance, minimal learning-curve and a scalable architecture.
Vork’s intuitive logical naming convention and native PHP implementation allow development teams to use Vork productively within minutes since there is no need to learn new terminology or syntax.
Vork is open-source; development and personal usage of Vork is 100% free. Commercial usage of Vork falls under an honor-system licensing model where customers set their own license price and the act of purchasing a license is completely on the honor-system.
The extensive Vork toolset includes:
- E-commerce tools to validate credit cards, accept PayPal payments, sell products from Amazon, get UPS shipping rates, RSS, track a package & more!
- Simplified use of Google tools: Charts, Analytics, AdSense, Sitemap, Payments;
- One-line of code can embed a YouTube video, a universal log-in/log-out/forgot-password utility, a share-this-page widget or turn a page into a full-featured Wiki;
- Support for multiple master/slave database configurations with interface tools to enforce security, minimize redundant database code and increase SQL-statement efficiency;
Vork is fully standards-compliant:
- All tools produce valid XHTML 1.1;
- Accessibility is automated to meet Section 508 and W3C WAI standards;
- CSS-reset included with default styles to provide cross-browser display consistency in Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 6, 7 and 8;
- Universal database support without abstraction layers grants the ability to easily change database brands at any time;
- Object-oriented open-source PHP 5 code adheres to the Zend Framework Coding Standards and is fully documented using the phpDocumentor DocBlock standard;
- Full MVC stack including layouts and components;
- Concise URL format is ideal for search engine optimization and is easy to communicate verbally;
“My front-end developer (with only a few months PHP experience) needed no instructions modifying our Vork-based app; on our past project based on CakePHP I had spent a significant amount of time coaching him on tech issues. Vork saves me hours of my business day that were formerly spent assisting my team trying to figure out proprietary conventions and quirks; the value of Vork's ease-of-use and straightforward naming convention cannot be beat!”
-Sam Green, an early adopter.
Vork (vork.us) is an enterprise-grade open-source software project built in PHP 5 with the goals of performance & scalability, ease-of-use with maximum automation as well as standards-compliance and a feature rich toolset.