Frost & Sullivan hosted the annual Asia Pacific Industrial Technologies Awards banquet in Singapore, today. Held for the fourth consecutive year, the awards recognises best practices in Industrial Process Control, Electronics & Security, Energy & Power Systems, Chemical, Materials and Food, Measurement & Instrumentation and Environment & Building Technologies industries.
Thirty-three most sought after titles were conferred to the deserving organisations at a gala-evening attended by 150 senior business executives from the industrial technologies industries.
The best practices and outstanding industry performance by these recipients prove that economic climate is not a deterrent to operational success of top-players. Reinstating this point, Sanjay Singh, vice president for Industrial Technologies at Frost & Sullivan commented, "We believe that organizations that have successfully navigated the past 12 to 18 months and have shown exemplary performance in growth, expansion and customer acquisition need to be recognized so as to inspire and positively influence all their stakeholders and customers. This is precisely what the Industrial Technology Awards aims to do."
The awards identify and credit best practices in the industry segments and are in-tuned with Frost & Sullivan's in-depth analysis and coverage of these industries. In keeping with the company's commitment to excellence and innovation, the Awards offered are carefully reviewed and evaluated to reflect the current market landscape inclusive of the emerging technology trends.
The following leading companies within the industrial space in Asia Pacific were conferred the below titles:
• Chemicals Materials and Foods
- Biofuel Company of the Year - PT. IDB Bio Research Development
- Biofuel Emerging Company of the Year - PT Molindo Raya Industrial
- Oleochemicals Company of the Year - Emery Oleochemicals
- Paint and Coatings Company of the Year - Seamaster Paint Manufacturing Sdn Bhd
- Functional Ingredients Company of the Year - Nu-Mega Ingredients Pty Ltd
• Measurement & Instrumentation
- Emerging Semiconductor Company of the Year - Advanced Micro-Fabrication Equipment Inc
- Communications Test & Measurement Emerging Company of the Year - Pixelmetrix Corporation
- Emerging Sensor Company of the Year - BioNet International Sdn Bhd
- IP Communications Test and Measurement Equipment Company of the Year - IXIA
• Energy and Power Systems
- Technology Leader of the Year, Large Scale Energy Storage - NGK Insulators Ltd
- Green Technology Innovator Of The Year, Ethanol Production Technologies - LanzaTech
- Power Transmission Equipment Company of the Year - Hyundai Heavy Industries
- Power Distribution Equipment Company of the Year - LS Industrial Systems
- Energy Storage Company of the Year - LG Chem
- Power Quality Equipment Company of the Year - APC by Schneider Electric
• Industrial Process Control
- Machine Safety Company of the Year - Omron Automation
- Industrial Wireless Emerging Company of the Year - iWOW Connections Pte Ltd
- Oil Free Air Compressors Company of the Year - Atlas Copco
- Welding Equipment Company of the Year - he Lincoln Electric Company (Asia Pacific) Pte Ltd
- Positive Displacement Pump Company of the Year - IDEX Corp
• Environment & Building Technologies
- Air Conditioner Company of the Year - LG Electronics Asia
- Bottled Water Company of the Year - Amshore
- Waste Management Company of the Year - SITA Australia
- Facilities Management Company of the Year - Colliers International
• Electronics and Security
- Product Innovator of the Year, Odor Sensing Technologies - E-Nose Pty Ltd, Australia
- Technology Innovator of the Year, Touchpad Technology - Elan Microelectronics Corp, Taiwan
- Technology Innovator of the Year, Handheld Projection Technologies - Digislide Holdings Pty Limited, Australia
- RFID System Integrator Company of the Year - Hewlett Packard
- RFID Readers Company of the Year - Wavetrend
- Physical Security Company of the Year - ADT Security
- PCB Company of the Year - Elec & Eltek International Holdings Ltd
- Biometrics Company of the Year - Suprema Inc.
The 2009 Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific Industrial Technologies Awards is supported by Industrial Automation Community, Singapore High Technology Association(SHTA), Singapore Industrial Automation Association(SIAA), Singapore Manufacturers' Federation (SMa) and Enterprise Development Center at SMa (EDC@SMa). Media partners of the awards are Asia Food Journal, Business Today, Control Engineering Asia, ECN Asia, EDN Asia, Electronics Asia, Electronics Manufacturing Asia, Electronics Manufacturing China, EnergyAsia, Home Finder, Hydrocarbon Asia Industrial Automation Annual Directory, Industrial Automation News and Wireless Design & Development Asia. PRNewswire is the official newswire for the banquet.
For further information, please visit frost.com/apacita09
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, enables clients to accelerate growth and achieve best in class positions in growth, innovation and leadership. The company's Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO's Growth Team with disciplined research and best practice models to drive the generation, evaluation and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages over 45 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 35 offices on six continents.