Embarcadero Technologies, a provider of database tools and developer software, today announced the last of three sneak previews into Delphi 2010 and C++Builder 2010, part of the Embarcadero® RAD Studio 2010 family. The latest sneak preview showcases expanded database connectivity for more than a dozen platforms including Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase, MySQL, InterBase, IBM DB2, and more, plus new support for the popular Firebird SQL database.
Firebird is a community-supported open source database based on Embarcadero’s InterBase platform. RAD Studio’s DataSnap multi-tier data access framework has also been enhanced to support an array of industry-standard data communication protocols such as JSON, SOAP, XML and REST enabling interoperability with virtually any data source.
Some of the new features being previewed include:
• New and updated database support – New Firebird SQL 2.1 and 1.5 support in dbExpress and updated dbExpress drivers for InterBase 2009, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Oracle 11g and MySQL 5.1;
• New DataSnap multi-tier connectivity – HTTP communication and in-process connectivity for DataSnap Windows and .NET multi-tier applications;
• Easier DataSnap server creation – New DataSnap wizards from the Object Gallery make server creation even easier;
• Data stream control – Filtering allows for complete control over the data stream between clients and DataSnap servers;
• New connectivity protocols - connect to your IT infrastructure and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) using RESTful Web Services and JSON in addition to COM, XML and SOAP.
“With RAD Studio 2010, our goal is to make Delphi and C++Builder the most flexible and powerful application development tools for the widest selection of database platforms,” said Michael Swindell, vice president of products, Embarcadero Technologies. “The 2010 releases will add highly-requested support for Firebird SQL, the popular open source database which is based on Embarcadero’s InterBase database platform. We are also extending RAD Studio’s powerful DataSnap connectivity platform with JSON and RESTful Web Services and updating the “out-of-the-box” database support for all major database platforms.”
To view the latest sneak peek blogs and videos on RAD Studio 2010, visit Embarcadero's website.
Firebird (firebirdsql.org) is a relational database offering many ANSI SQL standard features that runs on Linux, Windows, and a variety of Unix platforms. Firebird offers excellent concurrency, high performance, and powerful language support for stored procedures and triggers. It has been used in production systems, under a variety of names, since 1981.
About Embarcadero Technologies
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. (embarcadero.com) is a leading provider of award-winning tools for application developers and database professionals so they can design systems right, build them faster and run them better, regardless of their platform or programming language. Ninety of the Fortune 100 and an active community of more than three million users worldwide rely on Embarcadero products to increase productivity, reduce costs, simplify change management and compliance and accelerate innovation. Founded in 1993, Embarcadero is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices located around the world.
Embarcadero, the Embarcadero Technologies logos and all other Embarcadero Technologies product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.