Belkin today announced an expansion to its OmniViewIP server management line with the OmniViewIP 5000HQ Centralized Management Appliance. Designed for growing businesses that face an increasingly complex IT infrastructure, HQ is a cost-effective and scalable solution that is easy to deploy for simplifying IT management.
Today’s IT administrator typically faces a host of IT management challenges, including:
• Heterogeneous server environments, using multiple vendors and various means of management;
• Organizing numerous IP-based management tools, such as remote desktop software, KVM/IP appliances, and embedded service processors; and,
• Managing user name and password databases across multiple systems.
Belkin’s OmniViewIP HQ offers a centralized solution that simplifies server management so IT administrators can focus on their most pressing issues.
In addition to seamless integration with OmniViewIP KVM/IP Switches and OmniViewIP Serial Console Servers, OmniViewIP HQ also provides support for third-party power distribution units (PDUs) and software tools, including Remote Desktop, Virtual Network Computing (VNC), and Secure Shell (SSH).
OmniViewIP 5000HQ Centralized Management Appliance (F1DP101C) – $3,399 MSRP
• Centralized Access – Intuitive, logical access to servers, switches, PDUs, software management tools, and other IP-based devices;
• User Account and Device Management – Provides granular access to devices and ports to customize access by individual user account;
• Remote Power Integration – Manages third-party PDUs, associating specific outlets to individual servers;
• In-Band Management Support – Incorporates access to existing tools, such as Terminal Services, VNC, Telnet, SSH, etc.;
• Service Processor Support – Seamless integration with HP iLO service processors for KVM, serial, and power management;
• Low Cost of Ownership – License-free model does not require additional investment as the environment grows;
• Backward-Compatibility – Accommodates existing server management hardware (Belkin and third-party) to consolidate view/access capabilities;
• Security – 128-bit AES encryption.
“Managing heterogeneous server environments, distributed across multiple locations, is demanding for any company, large or small” said Bob Laliberte, analyst with Enterprise Strategy Group. “Belkin delivers a feature-rich solution that allows companies to cost-effectively manage disparate IP-based tools and devices – without having to make additional investment in their infrastructures.”
“Growing companies and those in the mid-market segment face the same challenges as larger organizations,” said Steve Lewis, Director of Sales with 42U, a leading provider of data center management and efficiency solutions. “While other offerings target the large-scale, enterprise IT environment, Belkin really seems to have captured the needs of the medium-sized IT organization. Their HQ offering speaks to the challenges, and just as importantly, to the budgetary constraints of these clients.”
• Available now in the US and Canada
*OmniView is a registered trademark of Belkin International, Inc.
About Belkin International, Inc.
Belkin (belkin.com) offers a comprehensive commercial product line that includes KVM switches and server management solutions, LCD rack consoles, racks and enclosures, digital signage extension solutions, and market-leading copper, fiber, and accessory cabling products. A privately held company founded in California in 1983, Belkin continues to develop products that are prized by channel partners and end users alike for consistently delivering in the areas of quality, service, and value. Belkin remains committed to building meaningful relationships throughout the commercial channel and partnering with leading organizations.
Belkin’s phenomenal growth has led to its expanding global presence. In addition to corporate headquarters in Los Angeles, they now have offices throughout Europe—in the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and Germany, among others—and in the Asia Pacific region, including Australia, Shanghai, and regional headquarters in Hong Kong.