NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Los Altos, CA, United States, 2009/07/22 - IronKey Secure Intelligent USB Drives with Centralized Remote Management Service reach more than 1,000 Enterprise deployments.
IronKey, maker of the world's most secure flash drives, today announced that over 1,000 companies and government agencies have adopted IronKey secure and intelligent USB flash drives and are managing them remotely using IronKey's cloud-based Internet security remote management online service. This makes IronKey one of the largest online security SaaS companies in the world.
IronKey online security services include:
• Remote management and tracking of IronKey secure intelligent flash drives
• Remote kill of lost and stolen devices
• Content recovery, password reset and device redeployment
• Internet update of software and security updates to IronKey devices
• Internet update of anti-virus and anti-malware software on IronKey devices
• IronKey has had successful large deployments with over 1,000 enterprise organizations and government agencies globally using its online security service to remotely manage IronKey intelligent secure USB flash drives over the Internet.
• IronKey provides secure USB management services to its customers in government, financial services, healthcare, enterprise and education markets worldwide.
• IronKey has over 25 distributors in more than 40 countries and has signed on over 180 Elite and Certified VARs.
• IronKey designs and develops the world's most secure USB memory sticks (flash drives or thumb drives) at its facilities in Los Altos, California. IronKey products are designed and assembled in the USA to ensure top security and quality for enterprise customers.
• IronKey's new S200 family of secure intelligent flash drives are the only USB portable storage devices in the world to have been validated to FIPS 140-2 Level 3 security standards by the National Institute for Standards and Technology (www.NIST.gov).
• Despite their extremely high levels of security, IronKey flash drives are easy to use, and work on Windows, Macintosh and Linux computers without installing software or drivers.
• IronKey secure intelligent flash drives are available starting at just $79, and volume discounts are available for government and enterprise deployments.
• IronKey products are available on GSA schedules from Computech, Dell, DLT Solutions and GovPlace.
Dave Jevans, CEO at IronKey said: "As businesses today carefully assess every dollar they spend, our continued success highlights the growing importance of secure mobile device management services and data protection for organizations large and small. Providing remote management and security services for portable devices over the Internet as a security service helps reduce the costs and overhead for managing these popular devices. Companies can easily manage the security of remote workers by using the IronKey cloud security service, without the hassles and costs associated with installing servers and the continued maintenance of such an infrastructure. Even better, an Internet managed service is ideal for managing mobile workers who could be using their IronKey secure intelligent flash drives from anywhere in the world. The expansion and growth we are experiencing with our channel partners, as well as the continued adoption of IronKey products highlights the value and trust customers place in IronKey devices and online services."
Recent Industry Awards:
• Best of FOSE
• SC Magazine Reader's Trust Award
• Most Valuable Solution Provider from Government Technology Research Alliance
• Best Hardware Vendor Finalist from Computing Awards for Excellence
• Best Security Management Tool by Tomorrow's Technology Today
• Network Products Guide 2009 for Best Mobile Device Security
• Gold Star in the Mobile Village Mobile Star Awards
• CRN Emerging Tech Award.
Social Media Destinations:
• IronKey CEO Blog
• IronKey Forum
IronKey's award-winning products and services combine the world's most secure flash drive with the world's most powerful USB management software. IronKey's USB flash drives bring the power of authentication, encryption, identity management and privacy to businesses and consumers in 23 countries. IronKey's management software and associated services allow enterprises of all sizes, government agencies, the military, and other organizations to take back control of the mobile data that has been leaking out of their organizations due to the uncontrolled proliferation of USB drives. With IronKey, organizations centrally administer, remotely manage, and enforce policies on thousands of devices located anywhere in the world. Thousands of customers, including over 50 Fortune 500 companies, government agencies and military organizations that handle some of the most sensitive security information in the world trust IronKey to protect business critical data. All IronKey products are FIPS 140-2 validated.