NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Pleasanton, CA, United States, 2006/05/10 - New WANdisco HADR product delivers high availability, continuous real-time backup, and automated disaster recovery over a LAN or WAN. LSE: WAND
WANdisco, the world leader in real-time multi-site development solutions, today announced the release of WANdisco HADR for high availability and disaster recovery. WANdisco HADR leverages WANdisco’s active-active replication architecture and self-healing capabilities to provide continuous real-time backup, while making failover and disaster recovery automatic and transparent to both users and administrators. WANdisco HADR is the only solution that captures everything up to the moment of failure, so that no data is lost in the event of a network outage or server crash. In addition, WANdisco HADR restores user access immediately after a server failure. No other solution for high availability and disaster recovery can make these claims. In addition, WANdisco HADR delivers these capabilities over a LAN, or a WAN.
• Makes recovery fast and seamless. When the primary server comes back online after an outage, WANdisco HADR will bring the primary server up-to-date with any new transactions that were committed to the backup server during the outage. Recovery happens automatically without any intervention from an administrator.
• Makes outages and failover transparent to users as well as administrators. With WANdisco HADR, when the primary server fails, clients are dynamically rerouted to the backup server without administrator intervention. When the primary server becomes available, it’s automatically resynchronized with the changes that were written to the secondary server during the outage.
• Provides proactive monitoring capabilities that enable IT organizations to address problems before availability is impacted.
• Delivers transaction-aware continuous real-time backup capability to ensure that the primary and backup servers are continuously in sync.
• Provides optional integration with high capacity tape archiving solutions to allow source code repositories to be backed up to tape.
No other solution can provide WANdisco HADR’s support for high availability, automated disaster recovery and continuous real-time backup over a LAN as well as a WAN, without requiring other third party hardware and software products and additional staff with the skills to support them.
WANdisco HADR is available now. WANdisco HADR can be implemented standalone, or in conjunction with WANdisco’s multi-site development solutions for CVS, Subversion and CVSNT. WANdisco also provides support and implementation consulting services for WANdisco HADR, as well as all of its other products.
Since 2001 WANdisco (wandisco.com) has set out to push the limits of what can be achieved with distributed systems deployed on a Wide Area Network (WAN). The result of these efforts is new technology that fundamentally changes the way distributed nodes, or servers, interact to provide unprecedented levels of reliability, availability and scalability (RAS) enabling the internet to realize its full potential. WANdisco has applied this technology to the development of its suite of multi-site SCM solutions for CVS, Subversion and CVSNT. For the first time a development team can truly be spread-out across the world and work as one unit, in real-time.
Global 2000 companies rely on WANdisco’s suite of SCM solutions for CVS,CVSNT and Subversion to enable them to distribute work based on where their talent is located, rather than on the basis of time-zone constraints. This results in dramatically reduced costs and significantly improved utilization of scarce resources.