A new series of studies by Wainhouse Research (WR) predicts the Collaboration Service Provider (CSP) market will continue to benefit from the trend toward Cloud-based services; however the intersection of online collaboration with mobility, VoIP, Unified Communications, and Social Networking will change how collaboration services are packaged, priced, and used. During the last six months WR has interviewed over 90 CSPs around the world and compiled a series of studies that sizes and forecasts online services, and profiles service providers in 20 local markets. Worldwide, WR forecasts:
• Worldwide online collaboration and conferencing market to hit $7.1B by 2013;
• Total audio conferencing volume will almost double between 2008 and 2013 - growing to greater than 102B minutes - and total revenue will increase by almost $1B;
• While global unemployment - which has limited and will continue to limit the number of user accounts - individual account usage has grown;
• Average prices for audio conferencing - which have dropped severely in recent years - will decline at a slower pace and will more likely be bundled with new services;
• Web conferencing use will rise dramatically, but revenue will grow at slower rates as new pricing models are adopted;
• Hosted video bridging services from CSPs, which has seen recent growth, will run flat as these services are folded into a larger video managed services portfolio from video specialists and carrier/operators.
In addition, the studies include profiles of CSPs, the markets they serve, listings of services and brand names, and WR analysis on each provider.
The CSP studies that have been released by Wainhouse Research in 2009 include:
Forecasts & Provider Reviews
• European Local CSP Markets 2009 - covers 12 European markets;
• North American CSP Markets 2009 - covers US and Canada;
• Asia Pacific CSP Markets 2009 - covers 6 Asia Pacific markets;
• Rich Media Conferencing 2009, Collaboration & Conferencing Service Providers - summary market sizing and 5-year forecast of worldwide and 3 regions, and analysis of major providers;
Addressable Market Analysis - an analysis of employed labor force, country characteristics, and an opportunity assessment for each local market
• European Addressable CSP Markets 2009 - covers 12 European markets;
• North American Addressable CSP Markets 2009 - covers US and Canada;
• Asia Pacific Addressable CSP Markets 2009 - covers 6 Asia Pacific markets;
Quarterly Trending Analysis
• CSP SpotCheck - quarterly analysis of Worldwide market, 3 regions, and 11 local CSP markets, compiled from minute and revenue data collected from 40 CSP
Marc Beattie, Managing Partner and CSP Practice Manager noted, "Corporate strategy, product development and the decision to enter a particular market should be driven by reliable and concrete information. Decision makers will find the information that will help them to gain a firm understanding of industry trends driving the CSP market place contained in these various report series."
The studies are available individually or together as regional companions. In addition, clients are now able to select a country or countries within a region and WR will customize a study that includes Geography (worldwide, regional & local data) and Specific Data (market sizing, 5 year forecast, provider reviews & opportunity analysis). Details are available at wainhouse.com/csp
• Editorial: Marc Beattie, Senior Analyst and Partner, mbeattie[.]wainhouse.com
• Press: Heather Fiedler, Marketing Assistant, hfiedler[.]wainhouse.com
About Wainhouse Research
Wainhouse Research (wainhouse.com) provides insight and intelligence into the global markets for audio, web (data), and video conferencing, real-time Unified Communications, enterprise streaming and webcasting, distance education and enterprise social networking. The company publishes public and private studies, speaks at industry events and private company events, and provides strategic consulting to both industry vendors and end user organizations. Wainhouse Research conferences in the US and Europe provide a forum for the industry to discuss critical issues for industry growth.