NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Tampa, FL, United States, 2009/07/07 - Visionary HealthWare, a leader in the health information technology market, announces that Alteer Office EMR has successfully completed the e-Prescribing certification process required to use the SureScripts® network.
Visionary HealthWare, a leader in the health information technology market, is pleased to announce that Alteer Office EMR has successfully completed the e-Prescribing certification process required to use the SureScripts® network (formerly known as SureScripts-RxHub).
SureScripts is the infrastructure to which technology vendors, pharmacies, payers, and pharmacy benefits managers (PBMs) connect in order to exchange medication information electronically according to industry standards. SureScripts operates the country’s largest electronic prescribing network. Most retail pharmacies in the U.S. and many mail order pharmacies can receive e-prescriptions through the SureScripts network.
The certification means Alteer is poised to roll out new e-Rx functionality—making prescription writing more efficient, accurate, and complete and enabling users to improve overall patient care with the following functionality.
• Searching for drugs is quick and easy with auto-complete technology that lets you select from a list of suggestions based on what you type, as you type it. An expanded drug database includes over 38,000 drugs.
• Easily determine benefits, formulary, co-pay, and coverage data based on selected benefit source (insurance plan).
• Prescription writing is efficient and complete with user-friendly SIG defaults and editing tools, pharmacy notes, and dispensed sample details.
• Quickly see therapeutic and formulary alternatives for the selected drug.
• Avoid interaction errors with automatic drug-to-drug and drug-to-drug allergy interaction checking.
• See patient pharmacy benefits manager (PBM) drug history as established by claims and point-of-sale dispensed drug data.
• Review additional coverage information like prior authorization, medical necessity, and step therapy.
• Pharmacy data is pre-populated based on the patient’s last prescription, or you can select a different pharmacy.
• Send a new e-Prescription electronically to mail order and retail pharmacies (in the SureScripts network).
• Receive, and respond to, electronic requests for renewals from pharmacies (e-Renewals).
“The completion of the SureScripts certification process is a milestone achievement for Visionary HealthWare,” states Garret Erskine, Chief Operating Officer, Provider Solutions for Visionary HealthWare. Erskine adds, “Given our model of software as a service, Alteer Office EMR clients can expect to receive ongoing system enhancements and functionality that will greatly improve patient safety and the practice of medicine.”
Visionary HealthWare (visionaryhealthware.com), an affiliate of American Healthcare Holdings, Inc (AHH), is a provider-based healthcare technology company with operations in Florida, California and Maryland. The AHH brands include Visionary Medical Systems, Antek HealthWare, Soft-Aid, USMD, and Alteer Corporation. Ranking by Healthcare Informatics as the 71st largest healthcare technology company in America, AHH serves over 60,000 providers nationwide with its electronic health record, practice management, laboratory information systems and managed care solutions. Company headquarters are in Tampa, FL.