NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Letchworth, Herts, United Kingdom, 2006/05/03 - We are pleased to announce that the next British Learning Association (BLA) Connect Event will take place on Wednesday 7th June, at the BBC Conference Centre, Marylebone High Street, London.
Taking 'Collaborative Learning' as the theme for the day, the event is aimed at giving delegates a greater insight into the issues surrounding the topic, highlighting the importance of its role as internet based networked learning increases, and the opportunity to exchange ideas with each other.
We are extremely fortunate to have a number of speakers who are willing to share their own experiences and expertise with delegates on the subject, including:
• Collaborative Learning at the BBC - Nigel Paine, BBC Training & Development;
• Management Challenge - Fenella Galpin, The Open University Business School;
• Working Together - David Wolfson, The British Learning Association;
• The Virtual-Workspace and ThinkQuest - Collaborative Learning - Jane Harris, Nord Anglia e-Learning;
• Quality Mark Self-Assessment for Collaborative Working - Jim Wilson, The British Learning Association;
• Getting into Business - Linda Steedman, eCom Scotland;
• Collaboration on the Move - Ron Edwards, Ambient Performance.
Commenting on the event, Brian Merison, General Manager of the BLA said, "Collaborative learning is one of those issues that has been around in a variety of forms for many years but has come to increasing attention with the advent of internet based networked learning - addressing key themes and issues that are priority concerns is a cornerstone of what we are about. This event will help practitioners explore the issues of collaborative learning in greater depth and will provide an opportunity to exchange ideas".
The conference is designed to bring together professionals in all sectors of learning, development, education and training that are looking to engage with each other and explore the issues of collaborative learning.
Attendance is free of charge for British Learning Association members and £95+vat for non-members.
For further information please contact:
Jim Wilson - Connect Event Manager
The British Learning Association
The BLA is a centre of expertise that produces best practice examples, identifies trends and disseminates information on both innovative and well-established techniques and technologies for learning. The aim is to synthesise existing knowledge, develop original solutions and disseminate this to a wide cross sector membership.