CEO & Chairman Jim Walker of Octagon Research Solutions, Inc., a pioneer and leading provider of breakthrough software and services to the life sciences industry, today announced that Octagon's thought leaders will present during the Drug Information Association (DIA) 45th Annual Meeting. Octagon's regulatory, clinical, and information technology experts will be involved in six sessions:
• Nancy P. Smerkanich, vice president, Regulatory Affairs, will serve as Track Chair for ERS (Electronic Regulatory Submissions)/DRM (Document and Records Management), as well as a Tutorial Instructor, presenting Tutorial #25, entitled, 'Filing INDs as eCTD in the US: Practice Considerations' on Sunday, June 21, 2009, 8:30 AM- 12:00 PM. Additionally, Ms. Smerkanich will act as session chair for the program entitled 'IND Process Changes for eCTD' within the 'Electronic Regulatory Submissions/Document Management (ERS/DM)' track. This session will be held, Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 8:30 - 10:00 AM.
• David A. Evans, MS, chief information officer, will present a session entitled, 'Standards Governance: Managing the Implementation of Enterprise-wide Data Standards' within the 'Clinical Data Management (CDM)' track. This session will be held, Monday, June 22, 2009, 1:30- 3:00 PM.
• Barry R. Cohen, MS, senior director, Clinical Data Strategies, will present a session entitled, 'Initial Steps to Develop an End-to-End, Standards-based, Metadata-driven Clinical Data Life Cycle' within the 'Information Technology (IT)' track. This session will be held, Tuesday, June 23, 2009, 10:00-11:30 PM.
• Hanming Tu, MS, director, Clinical Information Technology, will present a session entitled, 'Building Reusability and Repeatability in SDTM Data Conversion through Oracle Warehouse Builder' within the 'Information Technology" track. This session will be held, Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 1:30 - 3:00 PM.
• Terek Peterson, MBA, director, Clinical Programming, will present a session entitled, 'Increased Team Effectiveness Through Information Visualization: An Interactive Environment' within the 'Information Technology' track. This session will be held, Thursday, June 25, 2009, 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM.
"We are honored to have five of Octagon's regulatory, clinical, and information technology experts selected to present during DIA's 45th Annual Meeting," noted Jim Walker, Chairman and CEO. "To have so many members of our team contributing on such a wide spectrum of subject matter speaks to the diverse and forward-thinking talent that we have here at Octagon. This further confirms our position as thought leaders within the industry."
In addition to presenting, Octagon will be exhibiting at Booth #513 and will feature product demos and announcements of its breakthrough service and technology solutions that optimize the complex process from data capture to submission.
About Octagon Research Solutions, Inc.
Octagon (octagonresearch.com) is a pioneer and leading provider of breakthrough software and services to the life sciences industry. Octagon's eCTD and CDISC solutions provide the people, process and technology required to optimize drug development from data collection to submission. Our regulatory, clinical, process and software offerings provide a unique combination of deep domain knowledge, cross-functional electronic submission expertise, a holistic process approach, and integrated solutions. Octagon is headquartered in Wayne, PA, with European headquarters in Harrow, UK. Octagon's EDC Operations are located in Mountain View, CA.