NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom, 2009/06/10 - After a successful start to 2009, Manchester and London based consultancy FSquared has been nominated as a finalist in September’s Regeneration & Renewal Awards 2009.
Listed in the “Regeneration Consultancy of the Year” category, the submission focused on one of FSquared’s major projects, The East London Line Extension. This is a £1 billion scheme that impacts upon some of the most diverse and deprived boroughs in the UK.
FSquared is supporting long standing clients Balfour Beatty and Carillion to meet ambitious, aspirational and groundbreaking contract terms around equality, diversity & inclusion. Working with and alongside the diverse communities of East London, FSquared plays an integral role in meeting and exceeding the procurer aspirations.
Val Chinn, Managing Director of FSquared said: “FSquared has worked hard alongside our clients to develop new standards for how major infrastructure schemes can deliver benefits to communities within this particular area and also in other areas of the UK.”
“The standards we are setting now are helping to ensure that future schemes will have to match or exceed the benchmark we have set. We are obviously delighted to be acknowledged for our continuous hard work and making the short list for the 2009 Regeneration & Renewal Awards is something we are extremely proud of”.
The Awards Presentation will take place on Wednesday 23rd September at the Royal Lancaster Hotel, London.
FSquared (fsquaredltd.com) is a sustainability and corporate responsibility consultancy. They work creatively and collaboratively to maximise community benefits from investment, development and regeneration.
FSquared encourage both public and private organisations to raise their standards of sustainability, responsible business practice and corporate citizenship.
FSquared’s multi-disciplinary team of professional consultants and practitioner experts provide expertise in a wide range of disciplines including:
• Community consultation & engagement;
• Corporate responsibility;
• Equality & diversity;
• Responsible procurement;
• Social inclusion;
• Supplier diversity;
• Sustainable communities;
• Stakeholder engagement;
• Workshop facilitation, training and creativity services.
FSquared’s history has played an integral role in its development. It has always been and continues to be a values-led organisation. The company is based around the vision that good business is business that makes a social difference and businesses that make a social difference, do good business.
Examples of projects worked on include:
• East London Line Extension (Client Balfour/Beatty Joint Venture): Delivery of equality and diversity commitments on the project.
• South Tyneside & Gateshead Building Schools for the Future (Carillion): Developed and now support the delivery of community use proposals for the new schools.
• Middleport & Burslem Masterplan (BDP): Analysing already undertaken community consultation & engagement, carrying out community consultation & engagement and putting strategies and action plans in place to guide future consultation.
• Responsible Procurement Policy & Strategy (Northwest Regional Development Agency): Development of a policy and strategy to embed strong responsible procurement principles and practice at this Regional Development Agency.
• FSquared regularly gives speeches and seminars on issues concerning sustainability and responsible business.
• FSquared has also established a registered charity, the FSquared Foundation. The Foundation is committed to alleviating social deprivation and poverty through the effective use of ideas, resources and most importantly, people.