As a pioneering digital media site that explores sector-related issues and opportunities facing top executives, SupplyChainDigital.com uncovers its brand new digital magazine with exclusive interviews, insightful content and breaking industry news.
Mark Parsons, DHL VP of Business Development, talks transformations, global dominance and the future of the industry in the June issue of SupplyChainDigital.com. In The Global Supply Chain Leader, Parsons opens up about what it means to lead the global contract logistics market, annually topping lists of the biggest players in the industry. He is both humble and honest in his sit down with SupplyChainDigital.com.
Quotes from the Article:
• Mark Parsons on supply chain demand: “In this particular environment, a lot of companies are looking at ways they can simplify their supply chain because, over time, as companies buy and sell each other – or as they develop new products or services – they complicate things and this is a good moment for taking stock.”
• Mark Parsons on transforming supply chains: “We have immense capacity and immense depth of skill to actually transform people’s supply chains.”
• Mark Parsons on the economic climate: “What I would say is we’re certainly not immune, far from it. We actually have to respond a lot quicker. So long as people are still manufacturing product and selling product, they always need a supply chain to move that product around.”
In A Voice for Transportation, we take an in-depth look at the challenges and opportunities facing AASHTO, the nation’s leading advocate for America’s highway and transportation system. SupplyChainDigital.com exposes some grim facts behind the nation’s road conditions and the work that has yet to be done. But with an association like AASHTO staunchly advocating for improvement – spreading awareness and support for the nation’s transportation arteries, and outlining clear cut programs and funding initiatives that are needed – you can rest assured voices will be heard.
Michael Le Chasseur, Director and GM of Straight Crossing Limited, caretaker of Canada’s Confederation Bridge, spoke with SupplyChainDigital.com about this modern marvel. In the Q&A, we learn that the Confederation Bridge is the longest bridge over ice-covered water in the world – spanning roughly nine miles and connecting the Canadian provinces of Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick.
• Michael Le Chasseur on the bridge’s dynamics: “The two-lane bridge is built with an arch to keep motorists active and alert. A study showed a straight, boring drive reduces people’s attention to oncoming traffic. When you approach the bridge for the first time you’ll be in awe.”
• Michael Le Chasseur on the green effect: “[The bridge has] reduced carbon and diesel emissions by 50,000 tons per year. That 50,000 tons came from the smoke stacks of the ferry boat. The cars don’t produce anywhere close to that amount and it takes only 10 minutes for them to cross.”
Rounding out the premiere issue of SupplyChainDigital.com are profiles of leading supply chain companies who are making an impact in your industry.
To get more from the magazine that brings you the latest news and trends in the supply chain industry, sign up for SupplyChainDigital.com’s newsletters and get your free subscription to Supply Chain Digital magazine.
SupplyChainDigital.com is a pioneering digital media site exploring sector-related issues and opportunities facing top executives, with daily, intelligent news, as well as rich and entertaining monthly content via Supply Chain Digital Magazine. SupplyChainDigital.com meets a previously unmet demand for busy, top-level supply chain executives, who can find pertinent business news, sector-driven articles, exclusive interviews, and digital tools and resources all in one place. In just two short years, Supply Chain Digital has offices in Boston, San Diego, Toronto and Norwich, UK, as it aims to build one of the largest global marketplaces for B2B executives.
Entrepreneur Glen White founded SupplyChainDigital.com in January 2007.