Laridian, Inc., a leading developer of Bible software applications for mobile devices, today announced the release of PocketBible® 3, the new version of its award-winning Bible study application for Windows Mobile™-based Pocket PCs.
PocketBible 3 includes a host of new enhancements that make it easier than ever to read and study the Bible on a handheld. One of the key new features is the ability to choose from 16 colors for highlighting scriptural and other text. Users can now also view lists of notes, bookmarks and highlights so they can refer back to the entered information. Further, users can now specify highlights and bookmarks as parameters when they search text plus they can search through personal notes just like they would a Bible or reference book.
“Bible study is cumulative,” said Craig Rairdin, President of Laridian. “The ability to keep track of what you learn is integral to improving your understanding of the Bible. The new highlighting feature in PocketBible 3 adds an important new tool in this regard. And the ability to easily revisit their notes and bookmarks is something our users have asked for.”
Other new and improved features of PocketBible 3 include:
• Context-sensitive “tap-and-hold” menus for access to common functions such as changing books, searching, looking up definitions, copying or highlighting Bible text, adding a note or bookmark, etc.
• Continuous synchronization, resulting in Bibles and books organized by verse staying synchronized as users navigate through the Bible
• Continuous text, eliminating page and chapter breaks in the middle of chapters or books
• Gesture-based navigation, enabling users to tap the screen to scroll through the text
• Categorized book picker—books are now divided into Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, etc.
• Daily reading option, allowing users to track their reading progress through Bibles and devotionals
• New verse chooser which enables users to easily choose a book, chapter or verse from a list
• Windows Mobile 5 softkey support
A growing list of Bible translations, reference books and devotionals are available for use with the PocketBible program. After purchasing the PocketBible program, users can build a personalized library with any number of Bibles and reference books. Money-saving bundles, such as the PocketBible NIV Study Bible Bundle, are also available and include the program and a specific selection of Bibles and reference books at a discounted price. Books can be installed on storage cards to save space in main memory.
The PocketBible 3 program is priced at $10. Current PocketBible users can upgrade for $7. Bibles and reference books range in price from $4.99 to $129.99. A selection of Bible translations, devotionals and reading plans are available for free download. Complete pricing and product information can be found at Laridian’s Website.
Founded in 1998, Laridian, Inc. (laridian.com) is a privately-held software development and marketing company specializing in electronic publishing for mobile devices. Laridian's software products provide powerful access to Bibles and Bible-related reference material in a format customized for the unique features of Windows Mobile, Palm OS®, iPod and Rim BlackBerry®. Laridian software is sold at the Laridian Website. Further information can be found at the site.