Aras, leading enterprise open source Product Lifecycle Management [PLM] software solution provider, today announced download availability of the latest release of the Aras Innovator suite of PLM software solutions. The release has already been downloaded over 2,000 times. Enterprise production-ready PLM solution suite download with complete access for unlimited users is available online.
Hundreds of New Features & Enhancements
The release incorporates dozens of corporate community contributions constituting hundreds of innovative features and enhancements including:
• ECO / MCO online change workflows for fast & easy engineering and supply chain changes;
• New Redline revision compare for BOMs, suppliers, documents, and more for easy, visual identification of changes;
• Lockheed Martin security protocols embedded;
• Modular process planner for reuse of groups of manufacturing steps or workcells in Process Flow Definition, FMEAs, and inspection and test Control Plans;
• Updated Web browser screens with new modern Microsoft 'look & feel'
• Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 [MOSS] standard integration;
• Graphical Web services 'builder' in Solution Studio for even easier integrations.
The new functionality is in addition to the other previously released Version 9 capabilities:
• Powerful search center including ad hoc queries, saved searches, Microsoft Live Search, and the GlobalSpec online parts database of over 180 million parts across 2.3 million part families;
• Single system, multi-language internationalization for global collaboration;
• Language packs for Japanese, Traditional (Mandarin) Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, German, Hebrew, and many more as well as English;
• Enablement on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
With the new Aras release companies have more usable functionality 'out-of-the-box' from the initial installation than with PTC’s Windchill, Oracle’s Agile PLM, or any other PLM system on the market. You can download and install in under an hour.
“This open release of the Aras PLM software solution suite includes significant contributions that introduce an array of innovative new features and capabilities with usability that is superior to any of the other major PLM systems,” said Peter Schroer, President of Aras. “We would like to thank the numerous corporate community members that contributed to make this release the most feature packed high quality version to date and we are excited about the continually accelerating pace of advancement.”
Companies with an Aras Unlimited subscription package have access to the online support portal for the latest Aras PLM software solution suite release, as well as, the Service Packs, Upgrade Utility, Data Load Tool, additional documentation, and other important materials. Live Aras support hotline and online support are available to subscribers for assistance as well.
Aras (aras.com) is the leading provider of enterprise open source Product Lifecycle Management [PLM] software solutions. Freedom from licensing eliminates up-front expenses and per user costs while superior technology makes Aras the most advanced enterprise PLM solution suite available. Customers include Motorola, Rolls-Royce, Freudenberg, Lockheed Martin, Ingersoll Rand and ACCO Brands. Aras is privately held with global headquartered in Andover, Mass.