NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
St Albans, Herts, United Kingdom, 2009/05/27 - The software developer and Microsoft Gold Certified Partner Live Software Solutions (LSS), has registered with the Information Commission as a ‘data controller’.
This means that, under the terms of the UK's Data Protection Act, LSS can hold and administer databases. In particular, these databases can relate to:
• Staff administration;
• Advertising, marketing and public relations activities for others;
• Accounts and records;
• Consultancy and advisory services;
• Trading/ sharing in personal information;
James Boother, managing director of LSS, explained: “Becoming a data controller is particularly important for us with the imminent launch of our new service, ’Panning for Prospects’ – which harnesses the power of the internet to canvass users’ current contact lists and provide users with qualified sales leads from email marketing campaigns.”
LSS’s Panning for Prospects, which, typically, costs from just £2,000, is primarily aimed at the small and medium sized enterprises (SME) market. It allows users to upload their contacts - from a number of sources - into the software’s database, providing a way of centralising company-wide contact lists and preventing key sales-related information being ‘locked away’ in ‘information silos’.
Boother added: “Panning for Prospects could easily form the basis for a low cost but highly efficient CRM system.”
• collects users’ data and runs each campaign;
• provides a daily list of prospects for users to follow up and;
• provides a full analysis report at the end of the campaign, including updated contact details, prospect pipeline and referrals.
Boother said: “Consequently, we needed to become a registered data controller so that we could comply completely with the Data Protection Act – which, I am delighted to say, we do.”
About Live Software Solutions (LSS)
Live Software Solutions (lss.co.uk) makes software that creates a difference.
Focusing on helping businesses that use Microsoft technologies, LSS – founded in 2004 – uses its business and software expertise to provide end-to-end solutions, from concept to implementation. In addition to software development services and consultancy, LSS also provides off-the-shelf packages. LLS’s approach is based on four core values:
• Service Excellence - achieving client confidence by truly understanding the business drivers and the project requirements, delivering the agreed solution to plan, managing issues and communicating clearly and regularly - while being easy to do business with and enjoyable to work with.
• Integrity - applying professional and technical expertise to ensure the right solution for the right reasons, as well as being open, honest and fair in all of our dealings.
• Teamwork - deploying the right blend of talent and experience to get the job done, and integrating effectively with client and third party personnel and activities.
• Development - continually seeking to enhance our own capabilities and processes, enabling us to remain innovative and challenging - and sharing this with our clients.