NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
New Delhi, Delhi, India, 2009/05/27 - Sage India, today, announced that Reed Elsevier India Pvt Ltd, a subsidiary of Elsevier Netherlands, has been running successfully their Payroll processes on Sage Pocket, Payroll Software by Sage India.
As the world’s leading publisher of science and health information, Elsevier serves more than 30 million scientists, students, and health & information professionals worldwide.
Delivering world-class information and innovative tools to researchers, students, educators and practitioners worldwide, the company helps them to increase their productivity and effectiveness.
With the growth of the company in India, Reed Elsevier wanted to have a solution for managing their internal Payroll process. They chose Sage Pocket after a rigorous evaluation of Payroll products.
Reed Elsevier has been using Sage Pocket Payroll, Time tracking solution and Online integrated modules. They have found the applications very user friendly, self supportive and well integrated. On top of this, they are very happy about the support from Sage which as per them is a friendly customer-oriented approach.
Sage's solutions have actually enabled them to focus on value added and strategic activities making them free from the tedious activities like payroll process, data upload, MIS reports and attendance management.
R.S Raman, General Manager, Sage Pocket, says, “Sage Pocket’s capability of addressing the SME market from the stand point of Payroll solutions is excellent. It has enabled Reed Elsevier India to automate their payroll function and replace manual processes. The solution enables them to eliminate processing errors related to calculations, deductions and statutory regulations thereby reducing costs and improving efficiency.”
Thomas Abraham, Managing Director, Sage India, stated, “Sage is focused on the SME segment with a range of business applications. Sage Pocket, with over 300 customers in India is expected to rapidly grow given the relatively low penetration of Payroll software in the SME segment. Being the only Pan- India company in the Payroll space, Sage expects to become the preferred solution in the near future.”
Sage Pocket comes with six modules i.e. Payroll, Leave, Income Tax, Benefits, HR Letters and Email.
• The Payroll module offers payroll processing, pay slip generation, statutory and Bank reporting, import or export from or to excel enabling users to set statutory regulations like PF, ESI and Professional Tax dynamically depending on the earning slabs and government regulations.
• The Leave module helps the HR department to track leaves and define leaves.
• Income Tax module allows the administrator to maintain employee declarations, compute Income Tax and generate requisite forms such as Form 16 for the employee and facilitate quarterly and annual e-filing for the Income Tax department.
• The Benefit module allows the administrator to set CTC related reimbursements, define dynamic reimbursement components like fuel, transport, medical etc.
• The HR Letter module enables the HR or administrator to create any number of formats and templates for appointment letter, relieving letter, salary certificate, experience certificate and other important documents that can be saved and used in the future.
• Finally, the email module is linked to all modules including Payroll, Income Tax, Benefits and other modules. Reports such as pay slip, TDS worksheet, pending proof, etc. are generated as PDF documents in these modules and are subsequently emailed to employees.
About Sage India
Sage (sagesoftware.co.in) has over 1000 customers in India for its CRM, ERP, Payroll and HRMS products across industries like, Trading & Distribution, Manufacturing, Services, IT/ITES, Financial Services, Media, Travel and Hospitality.