NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
St Albans, Herts, United Kingdom, 2006/04/24 - Trainer1has become a re-seller in the UK and Europe for the e-learning tool Raptivity, a rapid interactivity builder from Harbinger Knowledge Products, of Pune, India..
Trainer1, one of the UK’s leading independent e-learning specialists, has become a re-seller in the UK and Europe for Raptivity, the world's first rapid interactivity builder, which allows users to build the kind of interactive e-learning that gets learners completely engaged with the learning materials.
Raptivity provides a unique library of over 110 rapidly-customisable interaction models. These interaction models are pre-built, captivating learning experiences that are instructionally sound, easily embeddable, as well as professionally designed, engaging, involving and fun.
The library of interaction models lets users build challenging brainteasers, compelling visuals and attractive presentation elements with ease.
Users – who require minimal learning about the product and absolutely no previous programming skills - can create instructionally sound software simulations with little effort. Users can even build comprehensive learner surveys quickly.
“With 12 years of e-learning creation under my belt, it is not often I get excited about a new product,” said Trainer1’s managing director, Neil Lasher.
“With Raptivity the term 'rapid development' has really come of age. Users can even continue using their existing authoring environment and processes,” he added.
Raptivity – the name is a corruption of the words ‘Rapid Interactivity’ - has been developed by Harbinger Knowledge Products, of Pune. It plays straight from an internet browser and requires no proprietary plug-ins.
Trainer1 is one of the UK’s leading independent e-learning specialists, creating sophisticated courseware for learning. It works in a number of areas including:
• Creating custom-built e-learning solutions
• Supplying e-learning consultancy to make clients self-sufficient in servicing their e-learning needs – especially in terms of embedded and workflow learning
• Operating as a ‘tools warehouse’ for tools used by Trainer1’s clients
It has lengthy experience in computer delivered learning. In particular, Trainer1 develops, supplies and supports:
• Authoring tools - for the creation of content, meeting SCORM, AICC, LRN, XML, and QTI standards.
• Learning and Knowledge Management tools - for the management and distribution of content, including accreditation and reporting of data within existing databases.
• Delivery systems for workflow learning - CSL™.
• Tools and libraries to create multimedia content, including image editors, easy to use Flash production tools, libraries of sound, graphics and animation.
• Specialised training events to assist trainers become self sufficient in e-learning design and production.
• Development services in the creation and maintenance of learning content.
Trainer1’s client list includes international major corporations such as ABN AMRO, Kraft Foods, Deutsche Post (DHL) and Mitsubishi Corporation, along with clients including the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister in the UK, the Department for International Development, and the UK’s Royal Hospital for Neuro-Disability, along with many municipal authorities.
Trainer1 is privately owned and remains a small, friendly company providing high quality product combined with personal service to Blue Chip Companies, as well as small and medium sized enterprises. Trainer1 is a member of many e-learning organisations, and Neil Lasher, Trainer1’s managing director is a committee member of the ELN and President (in 2006) of the Global Network of ASTD UK. He also works with standards bodies to ensure technology is meeting the needs of users worldwide, as well as the guidelines determined by the governing groups in the e-learning industry.
Further information from:
Neil Lasher, Trainer1, +44 20 7264 4844