NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
St Albans, Herts, United Kingdom, 2009/05/06 - Giunti Labs is unveiling the new Release 4 of its HarvestRoad Hive Digital Repository (DR) and the Enterprise 2009 Edition of its learn eXact learning content management system (LCMS) at ‘Learning Impact 2009’, in Barcelona, Spain, from May 11 to 14.
This event is being organised by the IMS Global Learning Consortium and being held at the Fira Palace Hotel in Barcelona, Spain.
Giunti Labs will also showcase two client applications which have been shortlisted for the IMS Learning Impacts Awards, as well as present a set of keynote speeches and other presentations.
The two client applications are ‘Building Cegos' Management Skills Catalogue Using Giunti Labs' learn eXact LCMS’ (a joint presentation by Giunti Labs and the France-based e-learning content producer CEGOS) and ‘The Vet Tube - Using HarvestRoad Hive DR for building a Digital Marketplace for Veterinary Education’ (presented jointly by Giunti Labs and Ecole Nationale Vétérinaire de Lyon). The Learning Impact Awards recognise ‘the most impactful use of technology worldwide in support of learning’.
After giving a keynote presentation at the Learning Impact conference on 11th May on ‘Towards Europe's Knowledge Renaissance 2.0 - Advancing Learning Innovation and Creativity in Europe's Knowledge Society (and Surviving Global Crisis and Competition)’, Giunti Labs’ CEO, Fabrizio Cardinali, chairs the ‘Creativity and Innovation in European Education’ track. This track includes case studies of successful innovation and creativity in European learning initiatives.
Meanwhile, the new Release 4 of Giunti Labs’ HarvestRoad Hive DR and the Enterprise 2009 Edition of its learn eXact LCMS will be on show to visitors throughout the event.
Release 4 of the HarvestRoad Hive DR provides:
• New user searching, rating, and classification features (folksonomies) for Web 2.0 portal creation and management
• New search engine integration with extended syntax, multi-language search support, result sorting and improved performance
• Extended support for internationalisation using Unicode character sets in both the user interface and content
• High Availability Mode and new Caching Mode increased performance
• Optional native integration with:
- Icodeon™ 2 player for SCORM rendering and tracking
- Psydev plugins for RSS, Emails and Podcast streaming
- Multiple authoring tools (eXact Packager™, Softchalk™, Reload™...)
- Mobile learning authoring, rendering & tracking
Redefining the architecture of Giunti Labs' learn eXact LCMS technology towards a .NET, SOA based, Enterprise architecture, the new Enterprise learn eXact integrates with any e-learning infrastructure by offering:
• A new, scalable and balanceable three tier .NET architecture for very large enterprise deployments
• New native support for SQL Server and Oracle DBMS
• A new workflow and project management engine dedicated to globally-distributed learning content production processes and projects
• A new online and offline integrated editor
• Advanced dynamic content linking and version control
• A new Enterprise DURP (Domains, Users, Roles & Permissions) management engine for enterprise integration with any pre-existing LMS, ERP or CMS.
About Learning Impact 2009
Learning Impact 2009 is IMS Global Learning Consortium's annual conference and brings together the world's leading creators, vendors, users, and buyers of learning technology to participate in programme tracks focused on the latest innovations in learning systems, digital learning content, the learning enterprise, and open technologies. Presenters answer a key challenge question designed to inform the attendees on the state of innovation and best practices.
About Giunti Labs
Giunti Labs is a leading Online and Mobile Learning Content Management Solutions provider with global headquarters in Italy and offices in London (UK), Frankfurt (Germany), Lund (Sweden), Boston (US), as well as Sydney and Perth (Australia).
Giunti Labs provides a wide range of solutions, in response to any content, learning and knowledge management need, covering:
• 24/7 multi language learning content production;
• LCMS and Digital Repository Platforms;
• Delivery solutions for mobile & wireless;
• Consulting and professional services.
Giunti Labs is part of Giunti Group, a leading educational and cultural heritage publisher with roots back to 1841. Over the years Giunti has built a catalogue of huge dimensions (over 7.000 titles) and acquired new brands in Italy and worldwide.
In 2008, Giunti Labs acquired the HarvestRoad Hive digital repository system, which manages any form of content used in online learning, corporate training and knowledge management initiatives. HarvestRoad Hive can interface with practically any ERP, Learning or Course Management System and is already integrated with several commonly used course management systems, authoring and content assembly tools.