Cortado, a global leader in mobile applications, BlackBerry® Alliance Program member, and specialist in mobile document management, announces support for the new BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 5.0 from Research In Motion (RIM). BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 now includes file access for documents behind a company's firewall, and with the Cortado solution provides users with extensive file support as well as a wide range of output options such as printing, faxing and PDF rendering.
Cortado, having specialized in remote file management, offers a seamless mobile office for BlackBerry® smartphone users. Advantages include:
Seamless user experience
- Users enjoy the same environment they have on their Microsoft Windows XP® or Vista® machine. A network folder manager automatically maps the correct drive names to the shared files the user is allowed to access according to the active directory
- Possibility to download documents without any size limitation
- Ability to upload documents with the unique 'Save As' function and save e-mails and attachments directly on network drives
- Mobile file manager with classic Windows Explorer functions: Copy & paste, create, delete and rename files and folders stored on network drives or in online storage
Extensive file support
- Support of any document stored on the device and the network, e-mail attachments, tasks, notes, and calendar entries;
- Support of HTML e-mails and BlackBerry® Browser pages;
- Support of any document formats and a wide range of images;
- Open architecture with the flexibility to add new file formats;
- Support of document access for BlackBerry smartphones with Device Software 4.0.2 and higher.
Mobile output options
- PDF rendering: the first PDF writer for BlackBerry smartphones. Save, print, fax and e-mail PDF files;
- Instant Database Reporting: View, e-mail, print or fax database reports from almost any database;
- Print to network printer in accordance with the user's rights in the active directory;
- Search for printers in the active directory;
- Print to Bluetooth-printers;
- Present-to-Screen: Present or view documents from a smartphone on a computer screen or projector;
- Mobile fax and short fax: Send any document to a fax machine or quickly create faxes using short fax templates.
- Comprehensive tool allows management of the entire network access with just a few mouse clicks in minutes;
- a particularly comfortable option if there are a great number of BlackBerry smartphone users;
- Easy management of network printers.
At Wireless Enterprise Symposium 2009, Cortado presents future Cortado Corporate Server features including Enterprise Search, Fault Tolerance and more.
"With our products we are optimally equipped to enhance BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 and to offer our customers maximized efficiency," said Carsten Mickeleit, Managing Director at Cortado.
Cortado. A Division of ThinPrint
Cortado, as an independently acting division, combines the total mobile computing competence of ThinPrint AG and offers one-stop mobile business software solutions and professional hosting services for all of today's mobile demands. The services on offer encompass the entire range from Hosted Exchange and professional e-mail and PIM services with innovative push mail capability to the truly unique Cortado Enterprise Solutions and Premium Services, which turn your mobile device into a fully-fledged workstation. Cortado products, both in-house solutions and hosted premium services, allow you to manage documents and flexibly send them to all established mobile platforms. Security-certified hosting centers in Germany, the USA, and the Pacific region guarantee high availability and security for all hosted Cortado services. Along with its free-of-charge services under Cortado Free, Cortado offers mobile freedom and increases productivity for consumers, prosumers, and companies. Our goal is to provide complete mobility and independence from location-bound workplaces and computer-based communication methods. With the extensive experience of ThinPrint AG and its international presence with offices in the USA and Australia, Cortado operates globally. As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, Nokia Forum Pro member, and one of the top five BlackBerry Alliance Partners, as well as working closely with over 20 carriers worldwide, including T-Mobile, Vodafone, Telefonica, Orange, Hutchison 3G, Cingular and Verizon, Cortado is the competent and professional partner and service provider for meeting the demands of mobile business and private users. A global partner network supports the international availability of Cortado offerings.
Stevan Caldwell, Regional Manager APAC
P: +61(0)2 94600319, F: +61(0)2 89203835
Anna Schwartzkopf, Public Relations Manager