In its second edition, the 2009 Frost & Sullivan South East Asia Industrial Technologies Awards recognised outstanding efforts of companies from Environment & Building Technologies, Energy & Power Systems, Industrial Automation & Process Control, Electronics & Security and Measurement & Instrumentation sectors.
Graced by YB Datuk Dr. Maximus Johnity Ongkili, Minister of Science, Technology, and Innovation (MOSTI), the banquet was attended by over 150 senior industry leaders including CEOs, presidents, vice-presidents, country directors from Quantum Precision Instruments, Invensys Process Systems, MEMSTech, Agni Inc, Amanahraya Hartanah, Emerson Process Management, Yokogawa, ABB, Honeywell, Siemens and many others.
In the annual best practices program, Frost & Sullivan screens the regional market to showcase extraordinary case studies and bring to fore those companies who have excelled beyond market average.
The awards which seek to identify and credit the best practices in the industry segments are synonymous with Frost & Sullivan's in-depth analysis and coverage of these industries. In keeping with the company's commitment of excellence and innovation, the awards offered are carefully reviewed and evaluated to reflect the current market landscape inclusive of the emerging technology trends.
The Industrial Technologies Awards are based on the extensive market engineering tools evolved by Frost & Sullivan over the years. Industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth interviews, analysis, and extensive secondary research in order to identify best practices in the industry.
Sanjay Singh, Vice President, Industrial Technologies at Frost & Sullivan says, "The current economic situation has had a significant impact on the export driven economies in South East Asia especially in the industrial sectors. It is very easy to paint all with a negative sentiment during such times.
"However, Frost & Sullivan's research in the specific industry groups did highlight performances from companies – local, regional as well as the subsidiaries of the multinationals – that have taken this downturn in the right spirit and demonstrated exemplary performances in their respective sectors," Sanjay highlights.
He further says, "This event recognized both technology innovators as well as companies that have successfully implemented their growth strategies even during these challenging times to gain market share and customer mind share from their competitors. Frost & Sullivan's research did highlight a greater focus on customers by these Award recipients which has led to the "Customer Service Leadership Awards" titles that were presented at SEA ITA."
Frost & Sullivan congratulates all the outstanding recipients of the 2009 Frost & Sullivan South East Asia Industrial Technologies Awards
Awards Titles Award Recipients
Energy & Power Systems:
• Technology Leadership Award Renewable and Alternative Power Generation – Agni, Inc.
• Growth Strategy Leadership Award Distribution Transformers Market – Malaysia Transformer Manufacturing Sdn Bhd
• Growth Strategy Leadership Award Renewable Energy – PT EcoSecurities Indonesia
• Growth Strategy Leadership Award Generator Sets Markets – MTU Asia Pte Ltd
• Competitive Strategy Leadership Award Medium and High Voltage Cables Market – LS Cables Ltd
• Market Leadership Award DC Power Systems Market – Eltek Valere Pte Ltd
• Market Leadership Award Medium and High Voltage Cables Market – Prysmian Cables & Systems
• Market Leadership Award UPS Markets – APC by Schneider Electric
• Market Leadership Award Power Transformers Market – ABB
Environmental & Building Technologies:
• Customer Value Enhancement Award Energy Efficiency Solutions for Buildings – G-Energy Global Pte Ltd
• South Korea Customer Value Enhancement Award Water and Wastewater Industry – Hyundai Engineering Co Ltd
• South Korea Company of the Year Water and Wastewater Industry – K Water
• Company of the Year - Excellence in Community Improvement Malaysia Construction Industry – Amanahraya Hartanah Sdn Bhd
• Company of the Year - Excellence in Environment Conservation Malaysia Construction Industry – Lucas Works Sdn Bhd
• Company of the Year - Excellence in Service Quality Malaysia Construction Industry – SP Setia Bhd
• Company of the Year - Excellence in Competitive Strategy Malaysia Construction Industry – Ahmad Zaki Resources Bhd
Electronics & Surface Mount Technologies:
• Technology Innovation Award Integrated Nano-Sensing Technologies – Quantum Precision Instruments Asia Pvt Ltd
• Implementation of the Year High Voltage Process Technologies for Consumer Electronic Applications – Silterra Malaysia Sdn Bhd
• Implementation of the Year 3D (Three Dimensional) Semiconductor Packaging Solutions – STATS ChipPAC Ltd
• Vertical Market Penetration Leadership Award Malaysia RFID System Integration Market – CBS Technology Berhad
• Industry Innovation and Advancement Award Malaysia Electronic Access Control System Market – Cass Technology Sdn Bhd
• Product Quality Leadership Award Malaysia Electronics Manufacturing Services Market – SMT Technologies Sdn Bhd
Measurement & Instrumentation:
• Technology Leadership Award Wireless Sensor Networks Market – Emerson Process Management
• Competitive Strategy Leadership Award MEMS Sensors Market – MEMSTech Berhad
• Customer Service Leadership Award Wireless Sensor Networks Market – Cadi Scientific
• Emerging Company Award Vietnam Semiconductor Market – Acrosemi Corp
Industrial Automation & Process Control:
• Australia and New Zealand Customer Service Leadership Award Automation and Software Solutions in the Mining Industry – Yokogawa
• Customer Service Leadership Award Automation and Software Solutions in the Power Generation Industry – ABB
• Customer Service Leadership Award Automation and Software Solutions in the Water and Wastewater Industry – Siemens
• Customer Service Leadership Award Automation and Software Solutions in Industrial Wireless – Emerson Process Management
• Customer Service Leadership Award Automation and Software Solutions in the Chemical and Petrochemical Industry – Honeywell
• Customer Service Leadership Award Safety Systems – Invensys Process Systems
Media partners for the banquet include Asia Channels, Asian eMarketing, Business Today, Control Engineering Asia, Electronics Manufacturing Asia, Electronics Manufacturing China, Fairfax Business Media, Home Finder, Industrial Automation Annual Directory and Industrial Automation News. IA Community is the supporting organization for the awards.
For more details on 2009 Frost & Sullivan South East Asia Industrial Technologies Awards, visit the website.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan (frost.com), the Growth Partnership Company, enables clients to accelerate growth and achieve best in class positions in growth, innovation and leadership. The company's Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO's Growth Team with disciplined research and best practice models to drive the generation, evaluation and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages over 45 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from 31 offices on six continents.