Vendio Services, the leading provider of eCommerce solutions for small and midsize merchants (SMM's), announced today the launch of the new Vendio Platform, enabling SMM's to establish their online brands with a free eCommerce enabled website and start selling across multiple channels quickly and easily. With the new Vendio Platform, merchants can use a single unified interface to manage their items and sales across their online store, eBay, Amazon.com, Google Product Search and more. Completely hosted with nothing to install and no upfront fees, the Vendio Platform provides a powerful and integrated solution that lets SMM’s focus on their selling strategies and business operations without the burden of learning and managing multiple interfaces and back-end processes across various selling channels.
"Small and midsize merchants can no longer rely exclusively on eBay as their sales channel," said Rodrigo Sales, co-founder and CEO of Vendio Services. "To compete in today's challenging environment, successful online merchants focus on building their brands online and distributing products across multiple sales channels to reach the maximum number of buyers. The new Vendio Platform enables merchants to manage their items and sales across channels in a single intuitive interface at a price they can afford."
Key features of the Vendio Platform:
• Completely FREE, hosted online store —All Vendio merchants receive a feature rich, fully hosted, Free online store. No listing fees or item limits, no final value fees, and no subscription or hosting fees. The Vendio store provides merchants an immediate web presence at no cost as an integral part of the Vendio Platform.
• Multi-channel Selling—One Platform, multiple channels. With one unified interface, merchants can manage product listings and sales across all their channels and marketplaces: their own branded store, eBay, Amazon.com, Google Product Search, Shopping.com, Shopzilla, and more. Vendio’s innovative design provides flexible selling strategies while reducing duplication of effort distributing items across channels.
• Fast and Easy—Sign-up and start selling online in minutes, without development effort or anything to install. The Vendio Platform is powerful, yet easy to use.
• Customizable and Extensible—Merchants can extend the Platform by adding optional features and functionality found in Vendio's Application Library.
• Further Customer Engagement—Increase customer loyalty through merchant branded email marketing, coupons, and a robust checkout system integrated with PayPal, Google Checkout, and Authorize.net.
Vendio's FREE Online Store; Providing Buyers Direct Access to Inventory
Within minutes of discovering the Vendio Platform, merchants can display all of their inventory items for sale through their fully-hosted free eCommerce Web site. As their businesses evolve, merchants can further customize their Web sites’ look and feel using myriad technologies. Vendio stores provide much more than a pretty Web site, however, and includes a complete free selling solution with back-end inventory and sales fulfillment automation, full checkout capabilities, and a variety of online marketing services.
Key features of the Vendio Platform with a free store include:
• Web 2.0 Storebuilder—Easy to use and requiring no HTML or programming knowledge, Vendio's proprietary store builder works for anyone. Using easy drag and drop wizards, merchants can design a store in minutes, populate it with inventory, and start selling with a few quick clicks.
• Customized Look and Feel—Sellers can start with over 50 templates and then fully customize all aspects of their store, including layout, logo, fonts, colors, categories, featured items, and more. Add as many pages as you need to tell the story of your business. If complete customization is desired, share Vendio’s Really Simple Template (RST) language with your favorite designer to build on top of the Vendio Platform's eCommerce engine.
• Single Inventory Management—As an integral part of the Vendio Platform, merchants can extend Vendio’s single inventory and transaction engine to manage store items alongside those marketed across all other channels including eBay, Amazon.com, Google Product Search, Shopzilla, Shopping.com, and more.
• Custom URL—Merchants can build their brand with a customized domain name, or they can receive a free address hosted on a Vendio domain.
Vendio provides the eCommerce enabled Web site to merchants completely free. Merchants can extend the Vendio Platform to sell on marketplaces including eBay and Amazon.com for $10 per month, plus an incremental success fee based on the seller’s monthly sales volume on those marketplaces.
In addition to the launch of the new Vendio Platform, the company is also announcing the launch of the new Vendio Application Library, enabling merchants to purchase individual powerful applications to use on a standalone basis or as a Vendio Platform enhancement. Vendio-certified Applications can assist sellers with specific needs unique to their business, including additional image hosting, analytics, merchandising, marketing and promotions and more. Additional applications developed in conjunction with customers, developers, and partners will be added throughout 2009.
About Vendio Services Inc.
Founded in 1999, Vendio Services, Inc. (vendio.com) helps small- to medium-sized merchants (SMM's) succeed by offering them an integrated solution to manage their sales seamlessly and cost-effectively across multiple online sales channels including their online store, Amazon.com, eBay, Google, Shopzilla, and more. Each year over 100,000 merchants use Vendio’s award winning multi-channel Platform and Applications to sell over $2 billion in merchandise. The company also operates Dealio (dealio.com), a shopping and coupons site for consumers. Vendio is a venture backed, privately-held company headquartered in San Mateo, California with offices in Romania and India.
Widgipedia, Vendio, Dealio, and Andale, are trademarks of Vendio Services, Inc. eBay is a registered trademark of eBay, Inc. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners, without intent to infringe.