FundingPost is proud to announce its "Silicon Valley Venture Capital Conference," to take place on March 5, 2009, at the Sheraton Hotel in Palo Alto. FundingPost has organized over 150 sold-out venture events over the past eight years.
Despite the bleak economy, there are still investors looking for quality deals, and this upcoming event will give entrepreneurs access to some of the leading early-stage VCs and Angels in the area. Additionally, as many entrepreneurs wonder what it takes to secure venture capital financing during these challenging times, investors will be offering valuable insight during the two panel discussions. The panels of Angel Investors and Venture Capitalists will address trends in early-stage investing, hot sectors, the best and worst ways to get their attention, as well as additional advice on how to grow your business during the recession. As with all FundingPost events, there will be pitching and plenty of networking time for the entrepreneurs to meet the investors.
Venture and Angel Speakers for this event include:
• Matthew Denesuk, Ph.D., Partner, IBM Venture Capital Group;
• Richard Yen, Director, SABAN Ventures;
• Raman Khanna, General Partner, ONSET Ventures;
• Sven Strohband, Partner, Mohr, Davidow Ventures;
• Lars Leckie, Principal, Hummer Winblad Venture Partners;
• Arati Prabhakar, General Partner, U.S. Venture Partners;
• Fred Aslan, M.D., Vice President, Venrock;
• Ed Esber, Co-Managing Partner, The Halo Fund;
• Mohammed Alzubi, Angel Investor, Sand Hill Angels;
• Jan Jannink, Angel Investor, Band of Angels;
• Brad Peery, Angel Investor, Keiretsu Forum.
FundingPost (fundingpost.com) is an entrepreneur and investor network reaching more than 250,000 executives and 7,500 Venture Capital and Angel Investors across the nation each month.
For over eight years, FundingPost has worked with thousands of Angel and Venture Capital Investors and Entrepreneurs. FundingPost has hosted over 8,500 CEOs and 500 Venture Funds at events in 17 cities nationwide, as well as providing a quarterly Dealflow magazine and a deal-exchange website that sees introductions of Investors to Entrepreneurs every day. FundingPost's mission is to reach investors and entrepreneurs in every medium possible - both online and offline.