NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Norcross, GA, United States, 2009/02/24 - Unisource Worldwide, Inc. has partnered with WhatTheyThink – the leading news and information site for the graphic communications industry – to present the Environmental Innovation Awards.
Unisource Worldwide, Inc. one of the leading distributors of paper, packaging and facility supplies in North America, has partnered with WhatTheyThink – the leading news and information site for the graphic communications industry – to present the Environmental Innovation Awards that will be announced on April 22, 2009, coinciding with the 39th anniversary of Earth Day.
“This partnership is part of our Unisource respect™ Printers’ Program and is designed to recognize companies in the graphic arts industry that are implementing state-of-the-art and innovative environmental solutions,” said Ed Farley, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Communications for Unisource. “One of our keys tenets at Unisource is to provide the graphic arts community with the industry’s most advanced green alternatives,” he said, “and the Environmental Innovation Awards provide an opportunity to honor outstanding performances in this area.”
Five awards will be presented to industry leaders who have developed environmental solutions within the design, production, and delivery value chain for printed graphic communications. The five categories include:
• Environmental Sustainability and Your Community recognizes a company that is involved in an environmentally progressive community program.
• Environmental Sustainability and Your Plant recognizes a company that is “walking the talk” in their own facility.
• Environmental Sustainability and Your Processes recognizes a company that is implementing environmentally sensitive processes to incorporate inks, papers, consumables, waste management, or recycling in new and different ways.
• Beyond Environmental Sustainability recognizes a leading-edge solution or initiative involving unique creativity; for example, a biodiesel “still” to create alternative power sources.
• Thought Leader (Overall Best of Class) recognizes a company that best represents the “new green graphic arts company” among all applicants.
The Environmental Innovation Awards (members.whattheythink.com) are being offered to any graphic communications service provider located in North America, regardless of size and printing process; in recognition that innovative ideas are not constrained by company size or process. The awards are intended to provoke, encourage, and celebrate creative thinking and innovative solutions.
For more details about the Environmental Innovation Awards program and application forms, please visit the website.
About Unisource Worldwide, Inc.
Unisource Worldwide, Inc., (unisourcelink.com) is a leading independent marketer and distributor of commercial printing and business imaging papers, packaging systems and facility supplies and equipment in North America. Headquartered in Norcross, Ga., Unisource is one of the largest private companies in the United States and offers the most comprehensive suite of products and services in the industry. With approximately 6,000 team members – including sales, customer service and technical support specialists; approximately 85 distribution centers; and a fleet of “Big Red” trucks – Unisource can deliver what your business needs when and where you want it – locally, regionally and nationally.