NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Bellevue, WA, United States, 2009/02/13 - Eltima Software, a global software Development Company, has released Application as Service version 3.0, the cutting edge solution that allows launching any application as Windows service.
With Application as Service you can easily run any application as Windows service, benefiting from all of the advantages native Windows services provides.
If you need to run any application as service locally or on a remote computer, schedule your service to run at the exact time or manage them remotely, Application as Service is probably the best solution of all these needs. Application as Service allows launching any applications (32/64-bit and console ones) as Windows 2000/XP/2003/2008/Vista service at system boot, without the need of a user session.
Application as Service offers advanced recovery options (restart the service your application is started by; restart computer; launch supplementary application), sophisticated dependencies mechanism, pre-service/post-service application start-up, your application rights/priority management, "application-crash" protection, graceful console and Windows application exit, on-the-fly start-up customization and lots more.
You can configure Application as Service using its GUI interface or command line configurator directly from your software! Application as Service features very low CPU usage, custom environment variables and detailed logging as well as many other features.
Application as Service is an easy-to-use system utility. You do not need any coding skills in order to launch any application as service. This can be easily done in a few clicks.
Though Application as Service is a system utility, it has very intuitive interface which makes it very user-friendly even for the beginners. Application as Service 3.0 Features at a Glance:
- Run any application (32/64-bit and console ones) as Windows service;
- Create and manage native system services in few clicks;
- Easily connect to remote PC over local network or Internet and manage all remote services like your own;
- Run application before users login into their accounts;
- Run your application interactively (visible to users) or silently;
- Schedule your service to run at the exact time and periodically on the defined day of the week/month/year;
- Minimize downtime by auto-restarting application once it is crashed
- Advanced service dependencies mechanism allows you to run applications at the certain order;
- Define Load Order Group which your application belongs to;
- Restrict/grant your application with execution rights by specifying user account name under which it is run;
- On-the-fly service start-up type customization;
- Gracefully close console and Windows applications;
- Close various popup windows that your application might display;
- Specify the process priority for your application Define CPU binding for multi-processor PCs;
- Conveniently supply additional options and system environment variables for console and Windows applications;
- Run additional programs prior to the service startup, program start, stop or just after the service shutdown;
- Redirect STDOUT, STDERROR and STDIN streams to or from the file for console application;
- Specify desktop on which you would like your application to run as service;
- Take all benefits of multi-processor, multi-thread and 64-bit platforms;
- Works under Virtual Machines (VMWare and so on);
- Use XML configuration file to install the service.
Application as Service Pricing and Availability
Application as Service is compatible with Windows NT 4.x, Windows 2000, Windows XPx32, Windows XP x64, Windows 2003 x32, Windows 2003 x64, Windows Vista x32, Windows Vista x64, Windows 2008 x32, Windows 2008 x64. You can purchase Application as Service for $79.95 only.
All program upgrades within one major version (that you purchase) are free to all our registered users. For more detailed information about our upgrade policy and volume discounts, please email to sales[.]eltima.com
Additional information about Application as Service, along with detailed technical documentation, online help and changelog as well as demo installation package can be found at application-as-service.com.
About Eltima Software
Eltima software (eltima.com) delivers top-notch solutions having a friendly team of 30 professionals. Devoting effort to develop the software of highest quality that can fit the needs of both experts and computer beginners, Eltima Software has developed the complete line of system utilities, security and flash software. We develop solutions for serial communication and implement virtual serial technologies into our software. Among our other products are monitoring solutions, network utilities, developer tools for Java and software for smartphones.
With the design concept of 3 “E”: Experience, Efficiency, Expertise - Eltima Software has successfully established a world-class brand of the best price-performance software products.