Over the last few years the exhibition has developed into the leading exhibition in China. The number of exhibitors at CICGF has grown each year. Last year the fair was made up of 4000 stands. In total 100,000 products were shown from branches such as the clothing and household textile sector, electric and household appliances, basic commodities, office and leisure goods, together with decorations, gifts and fancy foods.
The wide and varied range of products at the exhibition includes major contributions from the electrical and household appliance sector. Among many other products the following are being shown:
- Household appliances: washing machines, refrigerators and freezers, dishwashers, ventilators, air purifiers, humidifiers, electric heaters, air conditioners
- Beauty appliances: hair dryers, hair clippers, hair crimpers, razors
- Electrical tools: drills, cordless screwdrivers, cordless circular saws, sanders, angle grinders, laser levels, laser scissors, sonic blades
- Kitchen appliances: mixers, juice extractors, deep fat fryers, ovens, egg boilers and other kitchen equipment
- Electronic equipment: audio/visual equipment, computers, digital picture frames
- Electrical supplies: cables, batteries, connectors
- Lighting: LED-lamps, table lamps, torches, camping lamps
- Health equipment: fitness equipment, electrical massagers
- Medical equipment: infant incubator, digital blood pressure meters
- Electrical pet equipment: aquarium pumps and lighting etc., pet clippers, pet bowls.
The 2008 consumer fair was visited by 70,000 buyers from 113 countries. It was also a commercial success: the export trade volume amounted to $1,073 billion US, the volume of basic commodities trade $290 million US, for household goods $206 million US, for fancy foods $37 million US and for other branches $23 million US. Most purchases were made by the USA, Europe and Japan. 350 journalists from 120 world-famous media visited the exhibition in 2008.
The role of Ningbo in the commercial life of China has also contributed to the exhibition’s success. With 5 million people the Ningbo metropolis near Shanghai is an important hub for Chinese imports and exports. Nearly 20% of Chinese consumer goods are currently manufactured in Ningbo and the surrounding area.
Steady economic growth in China and the formation of a large and still-increasing prosperous social class, which places value on buying branded products of recognised quality, is leading China to become an attractive fast developing market for premium products.
The coastal city of Ningbo has a population of 5.6 million and is situated south of Shanghai in the densely populated Yangtze Delta. The prospering city is the economic hub of the Zhejang province. Ningbo has a long, 7000 year history as a commercial and trading city. Its deep water harbor is the largest in China and the fourth largest in the world in terms of cargo handling capacity. A yacht harbor and golf course complement the city’s modern, affluent image as do the international shopping malls and boulevards. Around 20% of the Chinese everyday and basic commodities are manufactured in Ningbo and the surrounding area. This makes Ningbo the perfect location for the International Consumer Goods Fair.
About TEMA Technologie Marketing AG
TEMA Technology Marketing AG (tema.de), with headquarters in Aachen, Germany, has been a full marketing services provider for medium-sized, large and small businesses as well as research institutes and associations since its foundation in 1994. Our core areas of competence are market research, press work (online/offline), advertising, event management and business development. Our specialization is technology and pharmacy and we accordingly employ suitably qualified staff as well as offering an international approach: Currently, more than 60 staff representing 13 native languages work in Aachen, Berlin, Dortmund, Stuttgart, Paris and Peking. Customers include the German Aerospace Center, Kieback&Peter, the TUEV Academy, Takeda Pharma und Biomedia. TEMA currently publishes six technical magazines, organizes many international congresses and trade fairs annually and functions as the outsourced marketing department for approximately 30 enterprises, predominantly large medium-sized businesses.