NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Rockleigh, NJ, United States, 2009/01/26 - Crestron Electronics, Inc. Green Light™ expands its energy saving product line - Crestron.com.
Crestron Green Light occupancy sensors are now available to enhance the functionality of Crestron Green Light™ environmental controls. The new Crestron occupancy sensors have built-in microprocessors and photocells to significantly reduce on-time for lights, cutting energy usage. Climate and device control can also be integrated. Models include wall and ceiling mount versions with a variety of coverage ranges.
Crestron Green Light sensors continually analyze and adjust to changing conditions, using the latest in microprocessor-based technology to optimize performance. Dual-technology (ultrasonic and passive infrared) sensing delivers optimum detection of motion while minimizing the effects of false triggers, such as electrical noise, air currents, and temperature changes. Passive infrared-only versions are available as well.
Upon activation, each sensor initiates in “walk-through” mode. “Walk-through” mode is active for a two and a half minute interval, during which lights turn off promptly when a person enters and exits the room. After the 2.5 minute period of occupancy, the sensor shifts into “occupied” mode.
“Delayed off” is initially set via the timer knob on the sensor, turning lights off when no motion is detected after a specific time. While the sensor is in use, the sensor learns room occupancy patterns. The delayed off time will change as the sensor intelligently adapts to environmental conditions and occupancy patterns.
When enabled, the built-in photocell overrides the occupancy sensor if the ambient light level is above a set threshold, preventing lights from turning on when there is sufficient daylight in the room. Sensor behavior can be customized via the Crestron control system.
New Crestron occupancy sensor models:
• GLS-ODT-C-1000 Dual-technology ceiling mount, 1000 square foot range;
• GLS-ODT-C-2000 Dual-technology ceiling mount, 2000 square foot range;
• GLS-ODT-C-500 Dual-technology ceiling mount, 500 square foot range;
• GLS-ODT-W-1200 Dual-technology wall mount, 1200 square foot range;
• GLS-OIR-C-1500 Passive infrared ceiling mount, 1500 square foot range;
• GLS-OIR-C-450 Passive infrared ceiling mount, 450 square foot range;
• GLS-OIR-W-2500 Passive infrared wall mount, 2500 square foot range.