NexLearn, a pioneer of simulation-based learning and leading provider of custom academic and business education courseware, today announced the release of SimWriter 3.5. The latest evolution of the company’s powerful immersive learning simulation authoring tool integrates substantial enhancements that keeps it at the forefront of simulation development technology.
“Our researchers, engineers and developers have worked closely to identify helpful new features for this release,” says Dennis Rees, NexLearn president. “We’ve also responded to feedback from instructional and e-Learning designers, first-time SimWriter users, and external developers to make SimWriter 3.5 even more robust and flexible.”
SimWriter 3.5 includes more than 30 enhancements. Users are now able to:
• Open multiple simulations simultaneously and move components from one project to another to save hours of development time.
• Use the improved map interface to create and view more complex branching scenarios.
• Launch the Sim Inspector to test mapping, media linking and scoring errors before building simulations.
• Add character, image, audio, movie and button collections with one click to make custom simulation development easier and faster.
• Organize project-specific image collections.
• Export simulations with even more Flash features to create interactive, engaging and unique immersive learning simulation experiences.
“We are very excited to announce these enhancements,” adds Rees. “The interest level from industry experts, developers and end-users—the learners—has been overwhelming. We believe SimWriter 3.5 will continue to offer unique advantages to anyone interested in creating innovative learning opportunities.”
Introduced to the public in 2004, SimWriter has changed the way organizations approach training and education initiatives. The cutting-edge technology allows one developer to create and maintain customized, scenario-based immersive learning simulations. Pre-populated image and background libraries, an easy-to-use simulation Wizard and build-on-the-fly engineering that requires no coding knowledge from the developer makes SimWriter the most comprehensive and cost-effective tool for rapid simulation development.
The SimWriter sales model has options to meet a variety of needs and budgets including a single seat corporate license, an unlimited developer license and arrangements for academic and government users.