NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Dallas, TX, United States, 2006/03/29 - Omega Environmental Technologies, a world-wide distributor of aftermarket mobile air conditioning parts and tools, offers some preventive maintenance tips that will keep your fleet’s air conditioning systems working at peak performance..
Omega Environmental Technologies, a world-wide distributor of aftermarket mobile air conditioning parts and tools, offers some preventive maintenance tips that will keep your fleet’s air conditioning systems working at peak performance during the hot summer months.
1. Inspect all hoses for signs of oil seepage and replace if necessary.
2. Check all drive belts for crack or wear.
3. Check inlet and outlet o-ring fittings for leaks and replace if necessary.
4. Evacuate the system.
5. Check evaporator coil for debris and replace the intake filter if the unit has one.
6. Replace all Schrader valves and check the voltage to both the clutch and the blower motor.
7. Inspect and clean the condenser coil to allow proper air flow through the fins. If necessary, use a fin comb to straighten the fins for proper air flow.
8. Replace the receiver-drier at least every year. The receiver-drier allows you to determine if there is something else going on within the a/c system. It contains a desiccant that absorbs moisture that may occur in the system. The receiver-drier should always be the last component replaced in the HVAC.
9. Inspect the oil for signs of compressor wear, moisture absorption or other internal problems.
10. Evacuate the system and recharge.
“Driver comfort is essential to fleet profitability, especially in the hot summer months” said Tommy France, vice president of sales for Omega. “When the air conditioning system is working properly, the driver is more comfortable and is more productive.”
These preventive maintenance tips will not only make the driver more comfortable, but will prevent problems that will cause the vehicle to break down, resulting in expensive downtime for both the vehicle and the driver.
Omega Environmental Technologies is a worldwide distributor and custom manufacturer of mobile A/C parts and systems. Omega was founded in 1989 in Dallas by Graciela Davis, who was awarded female / minority entrepreneur of the year by Ernst Young LLP, USA Today and NASDAQ in 1996. Carrying a complete line of compressors, evaporators, condensers, reels of hose and hose assemblies, expansion valves and accumulators, as well as the components for rebuilding compressors, Omega is a one stop shop for all aftermarket A/C products for every type of vehicle.