Shell MegaPack ActiveX 2009 brings total Windows Explorer-like file & folder browser UI functionality to your forms and dialogs in just a couple of seconds. The UI controls can be put right inside your own form or dialog to provide a standard user-friendly look to your application. Consisting of a folder tree control, a file & folder list control and a drive-selection control, it completely mimics the Windows Explorer UI including Thumbnail View, Detail View, Group View, dragdrop, context menus, icons, overlay icons, virtual items, infotips and renaming. Additionally, it features advanced functionality like item filtering, multiple-root nodes, multi-state checkboxes, custom items, custom columns and allows customization of context menus, dragdrop, appearance, display names, icons, overlay icons and infotips.
Also included is the ShellObjects set of components for creating quick launch-like appbars with drag-docking and autohide support, displaying multiple MSN/Office2003 style popups, animated tray icons with balloon support, OK-like progress dialogs, Vista-style task dialogs, system-wide hotkeys, task scheduler library, shell file operations, system idle notifications and create and read shortcuts and internet shortcuts.
Complete Windows Explorer look, feel and behavior:
• 2-line integration with FolderView and ShComboBox brings complete Windows Explorer functionality to your application.
• Identical displaynames, icons and overlay icons shown for files/folders.
• Identical dragdrop functionality.
• Identical renaming functionality.
• Identical display of infotips for files/folders.
• Identical display of contextmenus (including 'Send To' and any other submenus) for files/folders.
• Identical support for various display modes (Large Icon, Small Icon,etc.) including full support for 'Details Mode'.
• Complete 'Thumbnail View' support similar to Windows Explorer.
• Complete 'Group View' support similar to Windows Explorer.
• Identical default-key handling functionality (e.g. Alt-Enter shows the properties dialog box).
• Identical background context menu functionality when the empty background area is right-clicked.
• Powerful AutoUpdate functionality refreshes FileView automatically when files/folders are renamed, deleted or created.
Advanced customization features:
• Change default displaynames for files/folders.
• Change default icons for files/folders.
• Change default overlay icons such as shortcut or network share overlay icon.
• Change default thumbnails for items in Thumbnail View.
• Display of multi-state checkboxes next to each file/folder.
• Show/Hide multi-state checkboxes on a per-file/folder basis.
• Add custom items (i.e. items not belonging to the shell ).
• Add custom menuitems in the default shell contextmenus of files/folders.
• Change default infotips for files/folders.
• Pattern-based filtering of files/folders (e.g. : "*.bmp;*.jpg" ) or advanced custom filtering using a simple event.
• Advanced customization of contextmenu shown for files/folders and for the background contextmenu.
• Advanced customization of dragdrop functionality including the ability to prevent or change drop actions, and access and put new data during dragdrop.
• Add developer defined columns in 'Details Mode'.
• Hide standard columns in 'Details Mode'.
• Change default column text (Name. Size, Type, Date Modified, etc) for files/folders in 'Details Mode'.
• Change default sorting behavior using developer defined sorting procedure.
• Total appearance control by changing backcolor, forecolor, text fonts and other listview properties.
Advanced behavior control:
• Prevent display of contextmenus for all files/folders using a simple property or on a per-file/folder basis using an event.
• Prevent dragdrop for all files/folders using a simple property or on a per-file/folder basis using an event.
• Allow/disallow renaming for all files/folders using a simple property or on a per-file/folder basis using an event.
• Allow/disallow selection for all files/folders using a simple property or on a per-file/folder basis using an event.
• Change default drag actions during dragdrop (e.g. from Copy To Move ).
• Control whether folders can be viewed or files executed for all files/folders using simple properties or on a per-file/folder basis using events.
• Control checking/unchecking on a per-file/folder basis.
• Prevent execution of default shell commands (e.g. Open, Cut, Properties, etc. in response to keystrokes or through the context menu) for all files/folders using a property or on a per-file/folder basis using an event.
• Show/hide hidden files/folders using a simple property.
• Show/hide virtual files/folders (e.g. Control Panel ) using a simple property.
Simple but powerful programming model:
• Enumerate all files/folders shown in FileView.
• Execute shell commands (e.g. Cut, Delete, etc ) on files/folders.
• Programmatically navigate the folder hierarchy.
• Programmatically open files with their associated applications.
• Access complete information of a file/folder including its displayname, fullpath, checkstate, selection state and attributes like whether it is a shortcut, shared, hidden, readonly, file and folder.
• Associate developer defined data with each file/folder.