Lombardi Software, the leader in Business Process Management (BPM) software for Global 2000 companies, today announced the availability of Lombardi for Office 2003™, a new product that tightly integrates the Lombardi TeamWorks BPM platform with the Microsoft Office System. The Lombardi for Office 2003 product makes it easy for any employee to participate in any business processes directly from their desktop using Microsoft Office software - including Word, Excel, Outlook, and InfoPath. For the first time, employees can easily create, manage and execute BPM tasks directly within the familiar Microsoft Office environment, eliminating training and integration burdens.
“The new Lombardi product removes the boundaries for BPM deployments,” said Derek Miers, CEO of Enix Consulting, a BPM research and consulting company. “Employees using Office can now ‘execute’ tasks in the BPM system without even knowing it – and without training. Much of the rich functionality delivered in the portal is now delivered directly through Outlook, including graphical views of performance information.”
Rod Favaron, president and chief executive officer of Lombardi, added, “Our customers are excited to bring the power of BPM to every desktop via Microsoft Office. With Lombardi for Office 2003, companies can get much more out of BPM – extending their process management capabilities across the organization by leveraging the tools people know best. This product is a breakthrough not only for business users, but also the IT teams who have to deploy and maintain process applications.”
Lombardi for Office 2003 makes it easy to involve many more workers with BPM. For example:
• Office provides intuitive access for infrequent users as well as ‘power users’.
• Users who are frequently disconnected can do process work offline in Office, updating their processes when they reconnect.
• Process performance can be managed directly from Outlook, without the need to setup and maintain separate portals.
• Letters written in Microsoft Word can automatically incorporate process information, such as current status of a loan application.
As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, Lombardi worked closely with Microsoft to develop the new product, adhering to the Office vision of collaboration and simplification. As the only BPM vendor certified with an “Information Worker” competency, Lombardi for Office 2003 deeply supports the familiar end user experience within Microsoft Office, as well as its enterprise deployment technologies. The result is not only simplified adoption, but also simplified deployment. IT staff can deploy and administer BPM applications silently to end users and can also manage product updates and configurations with the same tools, policies and procedures used for supporting Office today.
Lombardi for Office 2003 allows customers to:
• Execute and manage business processes directly from the Outlook, Excel, Word and InfoPath products;
• Receive process activity tasks and view real-time process performance information from a single Outlook Inbox;
• Use familiar Outlook features such as folders, toolbars and “Outlook Today” page;
• Access real-time process and task information directly from Word documents, Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations;
• Complete BPM work off-line using Outlook and InfoPath and automatically synchronize when reconnected to the server;
• Deploy silently to end user desktops using System Management Server and Active Directory Group Policies.
About Lombardi Software
Lombardi Software (lombardisoftware.com) is the leader in Business Process Management (BPM) software for Global 2000 companies. Lombardi has both the award-winning technology and implementation best practices to bring business process improvement and excellence to the enterprise. Lombardi’s TeamWorks is a Business Process Management Suite (BPMS) built on open standards and provides ongoing visibility and control of business processes, increasing the speed and flexibility with which organizations can manage their process activity and decision-making. Lombardi customers include Aflac, Allianz Life, Applied Materials, Dell, Hasbro, Hoover’s, Pfizer, Sprint, T-Mobile, Universal Music Group and the U.S. Government. The company is noted as a Leader in the Forrester Wave for BPM and a Visionary in Gartner’s BPM Magic Quadrant.
Lombardi Software and TeamWorks are registered trademarks and TeamWorks Process Optimizer, TeamWorks Portal, TeamWorks Rule Service and Lombardi for Office 2003 are trademarks of Lombardi Software, Inc.