NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
London, United Kingdom, 2008/12/23 - Veeam Software, award-winning provider of systems management tools for VMware ESX Server environments, today announced general availability of a new lightweight version tool for VMware professionals: Veeam Monitor Edition.
This lightweight version of Veeam Monitor is designed to provide comprehensive real-time monitoring in ESX and ESXi environments, including VMware’s free version of ESXi.
“Customers have been asking us for an inexpensive monitoring solution that supports free ESXi, and with the current worldwide economic situation, we thought that a basic real-time monitor available at no charge would be appreciated,” said Ratmir Timashev, Veeam president and CEO. “Veeam FastSCP has been enthusiastically embraced by the virtualization community, and we hope this new free tool will be similar.”
Veeam Monitor Free Edition is built from the ground up specifically for the virtual world, and uses an agentless approach (VMware API) to monitor system health and performance on both VMware ESX and ESXi. Customers can view real-time resource usage data for any virtual infrastructure object or collection of objects, as well as known infrastructure events, all on a single screen. This unified view of the virtual infrastructure improves administrator productivity vs. fragmented views of isolated hosts and guests.
Key features of Veeam Monitor Free Edition include:
• Consolidated view with drill-down in VMs – find out at a glance which components of the VMware infrastructure are the largest resource consumers, drill down to an individual VM to see how much CPU and memory it is consuming, and even connect to the VMware Virtual Machine Console – all right from the Veeam Monitor user interface.
• Correlation of event and performance data – known virtual infrastructure events, such as VMotion, snapshot creation and deletion, or backup activities, are shown directly on the performance graphs.
• Advanced alerting and flexible alarms – set up to ten e-mail notifications or SNMP traps for important events such as a given number of running VMs is exceeded, VM heartbeat is lost, or a specific event is generated by VirtualCenter.
• Scalable architecture – client/server architecture supports multi-admin access to performance data without affecting ESX server or VirtualCenter performance.
• Ease of deployment – takes just minutes to install, configure and begin using.
Pricing and Availability
Veeam Monitor Free Edition is available immediately at no charge. More information, including the free download, is available at the Veeam website.
About Veeam Software
Veeam Software (veeam.com), a VMware Technology Alliance Premier Partner and charter member of the VMware Ready Management Partner program, provides innovative software for managing VMware infrastructure. Veeam offers an award-winning suite of tools to assist the VMware administrator, including Veeam Backup, the 2-in-1 backup and replication solution; Veeam Reporter Enterprise, to document virtual environments for capacity planning and chargeback; Veeam Configurator, offering Host Profiles today; and Veeam Monitor, for performance monitoring and alerting across multiple VirtualCenters. With its acquisition of nworks, Veeam’s products include the nworks Smart Plug-in and the nworks Management Pack that incorporate VMware data into enterprise management consoles from HP and Microsoft.