The Proxicast LAN-Cell 2 is an upgradable third-generation (3G) high-speed secure cellular router that provides primary and backup Internet connectivity for Ethernet devices on virtually all cellular networks (CDMA & GSM) worldwide.
The latest LAN-Cell 2 firmware release, version 4.02(AQP.3), incorporates several new features to enhance the LAN-Cell's already extensive complement of connectivity, security, and management functions. Proxicast has also added support for many additional 3G cellular modems which operate on the latest cellular broadband network technologies.
Mobile network operators continue to add new 3G cellular modems cards to their offerings as they upgrade and enhance their wireless networks. To keep pace with the latest wireless technologies and standards, Proxicast has added support for these additional 3G cellular PC-Card (PCMCIA) and ExpressCard modems:
• Sierra Wireless Aircard 597e - supporting EV-DO RevA, Rev0 & 1xRTT;
• UTStarcom / Verizon PC-5750 - supporting EV-DO RevA, Rev0 & 1xRTT;
• Pantech / Sprint PX-500 - supporting EV-DO RevA, Rev0 & 1xRTT;
• Audiovox / Alltel PC-5750 - supporting EV-DO RevA, Rev0 & 1xRTT;
• Kyocera Wireless KPC680 - supporting EV-DO RevA, Rev0 & 1xRTT;
• Novatel Wireless U740 - supporting HSDPA, UMTS, EDGE & GPRS;
• Option GT Max 7.2 - supporting HSUPA, HSDPA, UMTS, EDGE & GPRS;
• Option GT Max 3.6 - supporting HSUPA, HSDPA, UMTS, EDGE & GPRS;
• Huawei E630 - supporting HSDPA, UMTS, EDGE & GPRS.
This firmware upgrade also includes new features based on feedback from customers such as:
• Support for additional dynamic DNS service providers: DynDNS, NO-IP, EuroDynDNS and RegFish;
• Enhanced Application Layer Gateway (ALG) support for voice-over-IP (VoIP), video (H.323);
• Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and other bandwidth sensitive applications;
• Improvements in virtual private networking (VPN) between complex network topologies;
• User-definable baseline default configuration files;
• Expanded system diagnostic and event reporting capabilities.
Firmware version 4.02(AQP.3) is now available free on the Proxicast website and is located in the Support section (support.proxicast.com). Customers can easily upgrade all existing LAN-Cell 2 devices via the unit's LAN, WAN or serial console interface, including remote upgrades over an Ethernet or 3G cellular WAN connection.
The LAN-Cell 2 is a rugged commercial-grade 3G cellular router with enterprise-class routing, security and VPN features that allows multiple PC's, laptops, webcams, controllers, PLCs, ATMs, VoIP phones and other Ethernet-based devices to simultaneously share a single cellular data account for primary or backup connectivity. Every LAN-Cell 2 includes 4 LAN, 1 WAN and 1 Serial ports along with an integrated 802.11 a/b/g Wi-Fi access point, full VPN end-point capabilities, military-grade encryption and X.509 PKI certificate support.
The LAN-Cell 2 3G router supports all major worldwide cellular (wireless) carriers and standards including Verizon Wireless, Sprint PCS, Alltel Wireless, AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile, Rogers, Telus, Bell Mobility, Telcel, Orange, Vodafone, O2, Telstra and others.
The LAN-Cell 2 3G mobile router currently supports the following 3G cellular modem cards:
• Audiovox / UTStarcom / Verizon / Alltel PC5750
• Huawei E612;
• Huawei E620;
• Huawei E630;
• Huawei EC321;
• Huawei EC360;
• Huawei EC500;
• Kyocera KPC680;
• Novatel U740;
• Novatel / Sprint Merlin EX720;
• Novatel / Verizon Merlin V740;
• Option GlobeTrotter GTMax 3.6;
• Option GlobeTrotter GTMax 7.2;
• Pantech / Sprint PX-500;
• Sierra Wireless Aircard 595;
• Sierra Wireless Aircard 597E;
• Sierra Wireless Aircard 850;
• Sierra Wireless Aircard 860;
• Sierra Wireless Aircard 875;
• Sierra Wireless Aircard 880;
• Sierra Wireless Aircard 881;
Typical LAN-Cell 3G mobile router applications include:
• Remote Monitoring, Telemetry, SCADA & AMR;
• Remote Control of PLCs and Industrial Controls;
• Video Surveillance & Security Applications;
• Vending, Point-of-Sale (POS) & ATM Machines;
• Backup for Wired Internet and Alarm Connections;
• Traffic Monitoring & Signal Control;
• Sales & Service Fleets;
• Commercial Transportation;
• Cars, Buses, Limos & RVs;
• Delivery & Courier Vehicles;
• Boats & Marine Vessels;
• Mobile & Stationary WiFi Hotspots;
• Police, Fire & Emergency Vehicles;
• Mobile Security & Surveillance;
• Military & Defense Applications;
• Digital Signage, Electronic Billboards & Signs;
• Homeland Security & Disaster Recovery.
The LAN-Cell 2 3G cellular router is available for immediate delivery worldwide directly from Proxicast and through select resellers.
Proxicast (proxicast.com) designs and manufactures innovative, commercial-grade, secure wireless communications equipment that enables customers to increase productivity, enhance security, improve operational efficiency and reduce on-going communication costs. Proxicast focuses on wireless equipment for use with all major worldwide cellular standards including (CDMA) EV-DO Rev-A, EV-DO Rev-0, 1xRTT (1x) and (GSM) HSUPA, HSDPA, UMTS, W-CDMA, EDGE and GPRS. Some cellular carriers include including Verizon Wireless, Sprint PCS, Alltel Wireless, AT&T Mobility (Cingular), T-Mobile, Rogers, Telus, Bell Mobility, Telcel, Orange, Vodafone, O2, Telstra and others. In 2003, Proxicast introduced the revolutionary and award winning, LAN-Cell Mobile Gateway, the original cellular router, which is in use at thousands of mobile and stationary application sites around the world. Proxicast is based north of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and is a privately-held corporation founded in 2000.
For more information, visit Proxicast's website or call 877-77PROXI / 877-777-7694 (US) or 412-213-2477 (International)
312 Sunnyfield Drive, Suite 200
Glenshaw, PA 15116-1936 USA
Proxicast is a registered trademark of Proxicast, LLC. LAN-Cell is a trademark of Proxicast, LLC. All other brand, product and trade names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.