NewswireToday - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2008/12/13 - The web seminar is scheduled on Monday, December 15 at 11:00am Pacific (2:00pm Eastern).
MetricStream, Inc., the market leader in enterprise-wide Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC) and Quality Management solutions, today announced that it is hosting a complimentary webinar on the impact of the Obama-Biden administration on regulated industries. The web seminar is scheduled on Monday, December 15 at 11:00am Pacific (2:00pm Eastern).
With the Democratic Party set to take over the reins of power both in the White House and on Capitol Hill, there is universal agreement on the emphasis the new administration will place not only on implementing existing regulations but also on developing a wide array of new regulatory frameworks. This renewed focus on regulations and compliance mandates will have a significant impact on the day to day operations for companies across the industry spectrum. The interactive session with experts will layout what new regulations and standards industries should expect in wake of the historic election.
Some of the initiatives that the Obama-Biden administration plans to roll out include:
1. Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions 80 Percent by 2050;
2. Promote use of alternate energy sources including wind, solar and bio fuels with potential impacts to FERC and NERC;
3. “Provide Affordable, Accessible Health Care to All” - New reforms and regulations for health care and life sciences industry;
a) Invest in electronic health information technology systems;
b) Discourage anti-competitive practices in drug manufacturing and health insurance companies;
4. Revamp the financial regulatory framework that will impact both financial and non financial companies;
5. Enhance the role of oversight boards that monitor compliance and review allegations of fraud and abuse.
This roundtable discussion will feature speakers with rich background in regulated industries and regulatory bodies. Featured panelists include:
1. Dr. Eric Sheinin, President of Sheinin and Associates and Former Deputy Director of the Office of Pharmaceutical Science in FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER);
2. John Ballentine, Principal of ProComply and Former Chief Compliance Officer for a Fortune 500 Electric Utility and a Fortune 50 Natural Gas Transmission and Marketing Company;
3. James R. Fugitte, Chief Executive Office of Wind Energy Corporation, Past Faculty Chairman for the Graduate School of Retail Bank Management at the University of Virginia and Former President and CEO of Fort Knox National Company and Fort Knox National Bank.
MetricStream (metricstream.com) is a market leader in Enterprise-wide Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC) and Quality Solutions for global corporations. MetricStream solutions are used by leading corporations such as Pfizer, NASDAQ, SanDisk, BP, Entergy, Subway, Fairchild Semiconductor, Hitachi and TaylorMade-Adidas Golf in diverse industries such as Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, Automotive, Food, High Tech Manufacturing, Energy and Financial Services to manage their quality processes, regulatory and industry-mandated compliance and corporate governance initiatives, as well as by over a million compliance professionals worldwide via the ComplianceOnline.com portal. MetricStream is headquartered in Redwood Shores, California.