Showcasing unparalleled innovation across a wide variety of products and services which continue to flourish amid the current global economic gloom, eighteen exemplary organisations were honoured at Frost & Sullivan's recent Excellence in Chemicals, Materials and Food Awards Banquet.
The ceremony saw pioneers and innovators from a diverse range of markets, including food ingredients, speciality chemicals, bioplastics, high-performance fibres and protective equipment, lauded for superlative accomplishments in a broad spectrum of categories, such as Product Line Strategy, Product Innovation, Growth Strategy Leadership and Green Excellence.
Speaking at the ceremony at the London Hilton on Park Lane last Tuesday, Bill Stringer, Director of Frost & Sullivan's Chemicals, Materials and Food Practice addressed the megatrends in the chemicals sector while Dorman Followwill, Director of Healthcare, elaborated on how the paradigm shift in healthcare unleashes new potential for chemicals and food ingredients businesses.
At the top of the supply chain, the chemicals sector can develop new products that will help the downstream markets meet the demands of both the consumer and the regulator, as well as drive down costs. According to Mr Stringer, future growth is very real for the sector but shifts in approaches towards better insight in the downstream markets will be a critical key to success.
"We should be under no illusion that the future industry climate will not pose tough challenges, but sizeable opportunities for growth can be exploited if we understand and focus on the consumer and the value chain drivers."
In addition, the key shifts in healthcare towards the empowerment of the 'Expert Patient', rising costs, preventative treatments and non-invasive treatments also provide fresh potential to the functional food ingredients sector, performance materials and chemicals sector, adds Mr Followwill.
The event culminated in a celebration of achievements by the following organisations demonstrating best practices in their respective disciplines.
Award Recipient – Award Category:
• Evonik Goldschmidt GmbH – 2007 European Construction Green Product of the Year Award
• Dr. Straetmans GmbH – 2008 European Active Ingredients Product Line Strategy Award
• Dow Corning Corporation – 2008 Global Specialty Chemicals Corporate Leadership Green Excellence Award
• Teijin Aramid – 2008 European High Performance Fibres Growth Strategy Leadership Award
• Dyneon GmbH & Co. KG – 2008 European High Performance Polymers Green Product Innovation Award
• Ansell Healthcare Europe – 2008 European Protective Gloves Customer Service Leadership Award
• Songwon Industrial Co., Ltd. – 2008 Global Plastic Packaging Additives Growth Strategy Leadership Award
• Cognis GmbH – 2008 European Insect Repellent Textiles Product Innovation Award
• EXTRAMEL® (Bionov Sarl) – 2008 European Anti-Stress Promising Ingredient of the Year Award
• GELITA – 2008 European Health Ingredient of the Year Award
• Gencor Pacific Group 2008 Global Appetite Suppressant and Satiety Ingredients Product Innovation of the Year Award
• Cosucra Groupe Warcoing – 2008 European Weight Management Ingredients Brand Leadership of the Year Award
• INDENA S.p.A. – 2008 European Green Tea Extracts Excellence in Research Award
• JUNGBUNZLAUER – 2008 European Functional Ingredients Product of the Year Award
• EPAX AS – 2008 European Omega-3 Ingredients Excellence in Product Quality Award
• Leiber GmbH – 2008 European Yeast Product Line Excellence Award
• Biogenerics – 2008 European Eye Health Ingredients Customer Service Innovation Award
• Avebe Group – 2008 European Food Ingredients Customer Value Enhancement Award.
Frost & Sullivan's Best Practices Awards recognise companies in a variety of regional and global markets for demonstrating outstanding achievements and superior performance in areas such as leadership, technological innovation, customer service, and strategic product development. Industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth interviews, analysis, and extensive secondary research to identify best practices in the industry.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, partners with clients to accelerate their growth. The company's TEAM Research, Growth Consulting and Growth Team Membership empower clients to create a growth-focused culture that generates, evaluates and implements effective growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan employs over 45 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 30 offices on six continents.