5” and 7” models are just 0.7” thick and feature touch-screen displays, stereo speakers, and text-to-speech as well as maps of US and Canada; Units to be unveiled at 2008 SEMA
Note: Nextar products will be on display in the Mobile Electronics area of SEMA in Booth #10613 in the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Nextar™, a designer and marketer of bold and new consumer electronic products with mass appeal, is adding two models to its line of slim SNAP GPS navigation systems. The models, a space-saving 0.7” thick with Nextar’s magnetic docking station, are the SNAP5 with 5” touch-screen display and the SNAP7 with 7” touch-screen display. Both come with built-in stereo speakers and text-to-speech (English) technology. The units join the SNAP3, which has a 3.5” touch-screen display. All models offer maps of the entire US and all of Canada. Nextar will introduce the two new SNAP family members at the upcoming 2008 SEMA show in Booth #10613 in the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
“With the addition of these two models, our slim SNAP navigation systems line offers displays for a wide-range of needs,” commented Eddy Zheng, Nextar founder. “At just 0.7” thick with Nextar’s advanced magnetic docking station, these new units fit in very narrow locations. Slim design, choice of screen size, complete coverage of two countries, and lots of terrific features make our SNAP lineup the perfect solution for the most discriminating buyer.”
Large, clear, colorful images of maps from all 50 states and Canada are shown on both units’ 4:3 TFT touch-screen displays. Maps are provided on one 2GB SD card for easy installation. Text-to-speech technology clearly pronounces road names in English. Software support is provided for English, French, and Spanish, the three most spoken languages in the covered areas. A special automatic night mode offers additional screen lighting for easy-on-the-eye viewing. Voice-guided directions with turn-by-turn voice prompts are clearly audible through built-in stereo speakers.
Users of either of the two new Nextar SNAP navigation systems will have no trouble locating any number of hotels, shopping centers, gas stations, and restaurants along their routes, as each provides millions of points of interest. If a user misses a turn, a new route is recalculated instantly. Digital map data is supplied by Tele Atlas, a leading global provider of digital maps and dynamic content that power many of the world’s most essential navigation and location-based services.
Both units have the capability of playing MP3 files and displaying JPEG images (a required SD card for these functions is not included). Addresses for favorite destinations can be stored in either model. Other features include 2D and 3D map-viewing modes, a SD card slot for additional memory, and a built-in antenna. A lightweight, built-in rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery supplies power.
SNAP5 measures 5.8” x 4” x 0.7”, SNAP7 measures 7.8” x 4.9” x 0.7”. Each weighs approximately 2.6 pounds.
Accessories for both units include: AC/DC adapter, car adapter, USB cable, protection pouch, suction cup, and a stylus/touch pen.
Pricing and Availability
The Nextar SNAP5 and SNAP7 navigation systems will be available at leading retailers across the U.S. in Spring 2009. SNAP5 has a SRP of $299.99; SNAP7 has a SRP of $349.99. Both come with a one-year limited warranty. They are packaged in eye-appealing full-color boxes.
Features Found in SNAP5 and SNAP7 Models:
• Touch-screen display: Provides interfacing capability while map is being viewed
• Built-in speaker: No extra wires or speaker to connect
• 3D building display: Buildings can be shown in 3D to serve as landmarks, helping the driver know exactly when to turn
• Text-to-Speech: Safety feature that allows driver to keep eyes on the road while getting directions; clearly pronounces names of streets encountered during drive
• Points of Interest: Name or description of a specific location that user may find useful or interesting; generally indicated by an icon on the map
• Lithium -Ion Battery: Lightweight, holds charge longer, and does not suffer from memory effect compared to similar batteries
• SD card slot: Provides additional memory and is used for MP3 playing or JPEG image viewing
• Day and Night modes: Night mode offers additional lighting on screen for easier viewing
• MP3 playing: Allows driver and/or passengers to listen to favorite MP3 files while in vehicle
• JPEG viewing: View photos and other graphics while in vehicle
• Favorite address storage: Quick, easy way to find addresses of frequently visited destinations
• Route recalculation: Instantly changes route if driver misses turn
• Built in antenna: Ensures reception of signal without running additional wires
• Stylus: Allows user to point more accurately than using a finger to small areas on the display screen.
See Nextar at 2008 SEMA
With over 60,000 attendees and two-million sq. ft. of exhibits, SEMA is the premier automotive specialty products trade event in the world. Displays are categorized into 10 sections. 2008 dates are Tuesday, November 4 through Friday, November 7. Hours are from 9 am. until 5 pm. Tuesday-Thursday, and 9 am. until 4 pm. on Friday. It is held at the Las Vegas Convention Center and is open solely to those in the automotive industry. Nextar products can be seen in the Mobile Electronics section located in the North Hall, Booth #10613.
Nextar (nextar.com), headquartered in Southern California, is a global designer and marketer of consumer electronics. From the categories it enters to the products it develops and the manner in which it goes to market, Nextar’s decisions are based on its unique ‘bold and new’ philosophy. It currently offers products in the following categories: portable personal audio and video; digital photo frames; portable navigation devices; and Bluetooth®. In addition to tried-and-true consumer electronic retail outlets, Nextar products also are boldly marketed through non-traditional avenues such as department stores, automotive, mass merchants, food and drug, and do-it-yourself.
Nextar is an affiliate of Tofasco(SM), a rapidly growing company that sells products worldwide in a variety of industries. For further information regarding Nextar, visit its website or call toll free 888-849-0846.
All products/services and trademarks mentioned in this release are the properties of their respective companies. © 2008 Nextar. All rights reserved.