Starting in 1978 as a consultancy company specializing in control system design for steel and aluminium cold-rolling mills, Broner has developed into a world leader, and the only supplier of a fully integrated suite of packaged supply chain management solutions for planning, scheduling and MES, covering the needs of all types of flat and long products plants in the steel and aluminium industries.
Today Broner enjoys growing success with direct presence in all continents. Broner solutions have been accepted and recognised by major industry players, such as ArcelorMittal, the world’s largest steel company, which selected Broner as its global corporate standard supplier of production planning, scheduling and MES solutions. Broner customers include leading metals producers in countries throughout the world, such as Usiminas, Cosipa, Gerdau- Brazil, Baosteel, Capital Steel, TISCO - China, Nippon Steel - Japan, OMK, Severstal, KUMZ – Russia, Corus - UK, ArcelorMittal - South Africa and ThyssenKrupp Steel, Alcoa, Norandal – USA.
Broner has expanded significantly in the last five years, extending into emerging and strategically important markets such as China, Russia and Eastern Europe.
Broner has made major improvements to the functionality of its solutions, including:
• Caster Auto Planner for automated planning of tundishes;
• Hot Charge/Hot Connect capabilities, which reduce energy consumption by increasing the percent of material that can be hot-charged. It also provides "opportunistic" hot charge functionality, which allows the user to take advantage of short term or unplanned opportunities for hot-charge;
• A continuous sequence of developments in Planning and Scheduling modules, providing improvements in functionality, performance and usability to all users;
• A range of packaged, configurable Broner Manufacturing Execution System (MES) applications, developed specifically for metals:
- Production Management, which monitors and controls the production process, tracks production in real time and stores production data for later analysis,
- Quality Management, which monitors and records quality data, generates quality reports, provides non-conformance reporting and tools for quality recovery;
- Inventory Management, which generates and prioritises material movement orders, tracks inventory in real time and generates reports, including consumption and mass balance reports;
- Equipment Management, which monitors each piece of production machinery, including failures during production, downtime and work times.
• A standard SAP interface.
“30 years in business is a significant achievement for a company. We have succeeded over such a considerable period of time because we are committed to deliver the best planning, scheduling and supply chain solutions tailored to the needs of our customers and are dedicated to provide an excellent service and products that comply to the highest industry standards.”, said David Mushin, CEO of Broner Metals Solutions.
About Broner Metals Solutions
Broner Metals Solutions (bronermetals.com) specialises entirely in delivering value to the Steel and Aluminium industries and provides Supply Chain Planning, Scheduling and Manufacturing Execution Systems and Consultancy, which improve shareholder value, through: reduced inventory; shorter manufacturing lead times; increased throughput; improved delivery performance and better customer service.
All Broner Metals Solutions products have been developed specifically for the Metals industry. Our solutions comprise a wide range of products including: business optimisation; order negotiation (ATP/CTP); production and material planning; production scheduling; despatch scheduling; production management (dispatching, tracking, execution, data management); Quality Management; Inventory Management, and Equipment Management. Our MES solutions are designed to the ISA95 standards.
The Broner Metals Solutions team has 30 years experience in improving the performance of metals supply chains worldwide. We are a global corporate standard supplier of production scheduling and MES solutions to the world’s largest steel company, ArcelorMittal, as well as supplying metals companies such as Dofasco, Corus, Cosipa, CSN, Gerdau Group, Nippon Steel, Norandal, OMK, Taiyuan Steel (TISCO), TMK, ThyssenKrupp Steel and Usiminas.
Broner Metals Solutions is part of Hyperion Systems Engineering Ltd.