Frost & Sullivan, the growth partnership company, will host the inaugural 2008 Frost & Sullivan Indonesia Telecoms Awards ceremony to recognise the efforts of the best players in the country's telecoms sector. The ceremony will held on November 4, 2008, in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Coveted titles will be conferred to outstanding organisations in three main categories, namely, vendors, service providers and the best-of-the-best.
The Frost & Sullivan Indonesia Telecoms Awards have been introduced to recognise outstanding achievements by companies in the Information & Communications Technology (ICT) industry in Indonesia. Companies that have pushed the boundaries of excellence, demonstrating outstanding performance and contributed to the nation's growing telecommunications industry, will be applauded at this ceremony.
“In addition to the sheer number of players, Indonesia is one of the most competitive telecoms markets in the Asia Pacific region both in terms of technologies available and the business models in vogue. Forward looking thinking and out-of-the-box solutions in a bottom of pyramid strategic paradigm will differentiate the award recipient from the also-rans,” says, Nitin Bhat, senior vice president, ICT practice at Frost & Sullivan.
Nominations for the Awards are made by the team of Frost & Sullivan experts and are based on the companies' revenue growth, market share and growth in market share, leadership in new product introduction and innovation, breadth of products and solutions, major customer acquisitions, subscribers and growth in subscriber base, ARPU (average revenue per user) and growth in ARPU, data strategy and next-generation service strategy of the company.
The 6 prestigious titles that will be conferred at this gala inaugural ceremony are:
Telecom Equipment Vendor of the Year
Service Provider category
Broadband Service Provider of the Year
Mobile Service Provider of the Year
Mobile Data Service Provider of the Year
Best of the best category
Market Challenger of the Year
Service Provider of the Year
The short-listed nomination along with a detailed evaluation of the nominees is presented to a panel of judges who decide on the recipients for the contested titles.
The panel of judges includes the following thought leaders from the telecommunications industry:
1. Retno Setyowati Renggana, Secretary General, Masyarakat Telematika Indonesia (MASTEL), (The Indonesian Infocom Society)
2. Giri Suseno Hadihardjono, Chairman, Masyarakat Telematika Indonesia (MASTEL)
3. Koesmarihati Sugondo, Committee Member, Badan Regulasi Telekomunikasi Indonesia (BRTI), Indonesian Telecommunications Regulatory Body
4. Andy Zain, Chairman, Mobile Monday Indonesia
5. Mario Querner, Managing Director, Country Senior Officer, PT. Alcatel-Lucent, Indonesia
6. Arjun Trivedi, CEO & Head of Sub-Region, PT. Nokia Siemens Networks, Indonesia
7. Irfan Setiaputra, Managing Director, PT. Cisco Systems, Indonesia
8. Zhao Xi Chu, Deputy President Director, PT. Huawei Tech Investment
9. Zhou Xiang, CEO Advisor, PT. ZTE Indonesia
10. Jayesh Easwaramony, Director, ICT Consulting and Head of Telecoms Research, Frost & Sullivan
11. Eugene Van De Weerd, Country Director, Indonesia, Frost & Sullivan
12. Jeff Teh, Industry Analyst, Frost & Sullivan
Telecom Asia and Wireless Asia are the official media partners for this ceremony.
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, partners with clients to accelerate their growth. The company's TEAM Research, Growth Consulting and Growth Team Membership empower clients to create a growth-focused culture that generates, evaluates and implements effective growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan employs over 45 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 30 offices on six continents.